Managing Your Membership
Average Rating: ( 0 votes)
It's free and easy to join LiveModern. Once you are a member and logged in, you will be able to add content to the site (such as participate in forum conversations) as well as customize several aspects of your website experience.
- Go to the LiveModern registration form. Enter all of the required data on the form, including a deliverable email address for an account that you can check immediately.
- Click the Register button. After a moment (do not hit the Register button more than once!), your browser will be redirected to a Welcome! page indicating that an email has been sent to your address.
- You will receive an email shortly containing a URL that will allow you to set your password. When you receive this email, please follow the link to complete your registration process. You will be asked to enter a permanent password for your account.
- After you have completed the registration process, you can login to LiveModern. Make a note of your Login Name and Password for future reference. Also, take a moment to set your personal information.
If you do not receive the account activation email it means either:
- the email address you used to register is undeliverable. Please try again; or
- a SPAM filter has interrupted the delivery of the message. Check your junk mail folder (if you have one) to see if the message ended up there. If the message is not there, allow your SPAM filter to accept any and all email addressed from livemodern.com. The registration email will come from admin at livemodern dot com.
After updating your email address and/or SPAM settings, please try to join again. Otherwise, you will not be registered at LiveModern.
Retrieving your Login Name and Password
If you've misplaced your Login Name and/or Password, it's easy to retrieve them:
- Search for yourself on the website. To initiate a member search, go to http://livemodern.com/Members. (Of course, you do not need to be logged in to do this!) This link will produce a form into which you can enter attributes about your account, such as the email address that you used to register your membership. Conduct the search. If this does not work, try another email address that you may have used to registered your account. (Search your email archive for any email from livemodern.com: we used the email address you provided for your account to send it to you.) Or try entering your name (or a portion of it) in the Full Name field.
- If you have found your Login Name, note that it is case sensitive. You will need this in the next step.
- You probably also need your password. Go to http://livemodern.com/mail_password_form to retrieve it. Enter your Login Name (remember, it is case sensitive). An email that initiates a password reset process will be sent to you at the address you used above to find your Login Name.
- If you no longer have access to the email address that you used to originally register at LiveModern, simply register a new member account. It's free.
- Login at http://livemodern.com/login_form using the Login Name and Password you retrieved in this section. Once logged in, you can edit your personal information.
If you still have difficulty retrieving either your Login Name or Password, please contact the LiveModern Webmaster. Note that the LiveModern Webmaster cannot manage your account for you, but can help you log in to your account on the website.
If you no longer wish to have a presence on LiveModern, or receive our emails, contact us. While we cannot delete your account (a glitch we are working on), we can hide any or all of the content you have added (though it may take quite a while for it to not show up in search engine results) as well as ensure that you no longer receive email from us.