Publishing an Event or News Item
Average Rating: ( 0 votes)
Events are time-limited in nature, such as open houses, exhibitions, tv shows, sales, etc. A good example of an event on LiveModern is Some Assembly Required.
News Items are press releases announcing a product or service. A good example of a news item is Introducing Nicole Miller Furniture.
Publishing an Event or News Item follows a similar procedure:
1. Log in to your LiveModern account (an account is free if you don't have one).
2. Click on your Full Name in the upper right corner of any page, and select to Folder in the drop down menu.
3. Once in your folder, click on Add new.. and select either Event or News Item from the drop down menu.
4. Enter your news or event information into the edit form. The Title and Description fields are particularly important as these will both appear in the News and Events tabs in LiveModern, as well as in all appropriate RSS feeds. Note that there are some required fields. There are also some fields that are unique to each content type:
- In the Event form, you can specify the start and end dates and times for the event (all times are local). For location, simply indicate the City and State/Province.
- In the News form, you can add an Image and its Caption. An image is sure to catch the attention of LiveModern visitors. Please limit the size of your image to 100Kb.
5. Click the Save button to save your edits. You can edit your news item or event at any time by clicking on the edit tab at the top of the page. Please note that your news item or event will not be published until you submit it to the LiveModern mangement (see Step 7 below).
6. In edit mode, you can add tags to your content. Click on the categorization tab at the top of the page. You can select one or more tags to associate with your News Item or Event. Please select your tags from the existing set of keywords.
7. When you are satisfied with your Event or News Item, it's ready to be published. By default, when you save your Event or News Item, it will be in the "private" state (not visible to anyone but you). You need to submit it to the management at LiveModern for review before it is published. In the State menu (green bar at the top of the page, right side) select Submit for Publication. We will publish, edit or reject your item (usually without comment). This usually happens the same business day. We reserve the right to edit your News Item or Event for clarity or format before publishing. (If you want to edit your ad, once submitted or published, retract it using the State menu.)
8. When your Event or News Items is published, it will appear in news or events portlet, and under the news or events tab, on every page of LiveModern. Depending on other entries in the portlets, your event may not appear right away (they appear in chronological order, by start date).
9. When your Event is over, because of the date and time that you set, it will not longer appear in the portlet or tab lists. It will, however, still be visible if someone conducts a search.
To increase visibility for your event, product or service, you might also want to consider advertising on LiveModern. Your ad will appear in the "livemodern sponsors" portlet on every page for as long as you renew your ad.