Personal tools
log in | join | help

91 Percent of New York Buildings Skip the 13th Floor — Design News

by LiveModern Webmaster last modified Mar 14, 2015 01:05 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)
by Tara Bellucci last modified Mar 13, 2015

Do you think the number 13 is unlucky? There's enough superstition surrounding the digit that it affects condos. CityRealty found that, out of 629 New York buildings with 13 or more floors, only 55 labeled the 13th floor as the 13th floor. That's just 9 percent, whereas the remaining 91 percent call the floor something less sinister, like 14, M, or Penthouse (if it's the top floor). READ MORE »





welcome to our open house

"I'm looking for housing that is affordable, and modern. I know there must be innovative, well-designed housing out there. I just can't seem to find it!" —Tracey R., from the Dwell discussion board


Website migration, maintenance and customization provided by Grafware.