Personal tools
log in | join | help

What Material is this Mid-Century Table Top? — Good Questions

by LiveModern Webmaster last modified Aug 22, 2013 01:11 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)
by Regina Yunghans last modified Aug 21, 2013

Q: I have a coffee table I inherited from my grandparents, which they purchased in the late 50's or early 60's. A few years ago, the storage company that was storing the table's inserts chipped one of the corners. I have been trying to get the insert replaced, but am having trouble figuring out what it is. I have always thought it was milk glass, since it has no veins or variation and the underside has a pressed, textured feel. A glass professional has come to look at it, and he seems to think it is not glass but a solid surface like marble. Does anyone know the composition of this piece or the manufacturer? If it helps, the Barcelona style chairs in the background were purchased with the table, and I think are from the same company. More        






Website migration, maintenance and customization provided by Grafware.