Help! I Need Help!
Average Rating: ( 0 votes)
As many of you know, I’m having a baby! It’s very exciting and scary and awesome. This blog has been my “baby” for the past five years, but I need some time to devote to the new “Little Milk” in my life. Therefore, I’ve decided that I am going to bring on a very part-time [...]
As many of you know, I’m having a baby! It’s very exciting and scary and awesome. This blog has been my “baby” for the past five years, but I need some time to devote to the new “Little Milk” in my life. Therefore, I’ve decided that I am going to bring on a very part-time editorial assistant.
I’ve created a description of what I am looking for. Please read carefully before applying.
On a daily and weekly basis you will:
- Communicate regularly with Editor via email, Skype, phone, and/or instant messenger
- Contact potential companies and persons for columns, sponsorships, and features
- Write and edit posts assigned by Editor as well as generate new ideas for posts
- Help manage and maintain Twitter and Facebook accounts
- Assist Editor in promotion of website content
- Other duties as assigned
You will have:
- Knowledge of what’s going on in the design world
- The ability to trend spot — find great post content & create original post content
- Good writing skills, spelling and grasp of the English language
- Blogging experience
- Photo editing skills
- Experience with Facebook and Twitter
- A good Internet connection
- Willingness to learn, eager, dedicated, and passionate
- A professional demeanor but a good sense of humor
- WordPress experience (a plus)
- Knowledge of HTML (a plus)
What you will get out of this experience:
- Experience in online publishing for a top design blog
- Photo and link to your website(s) on our About page
- Deeper knowledge and understanding of internet publishing
- A super fun and crazy awesome time
- Recommendation from the Editor
- Travel to really cool places to do and see really cool things (travel is optional)
- A flexible schedule, and you can work in your PJs from anywhere in the world (international applicants are welcome)
- The opportunity to interview some very well-respected designers and artists
- You will make tons of networking contacts
There is no location requirement for this position, but you must be able to devote some time during the week between 9 and 5 ET or PT.
Daily commitment: 1-2 hours (5-10 hours a week)
Term: 6-month commitment to start but this position could extend longer and become permanent. The Editorial Assistant will report to the Editor.
Pay: Hourly; based on experience
How to Apply: I am accepting applications via email only. Please do not message me on Twitter or Facebook to apply. Please send the following to info [at] design-milk.com with subject “Design Milk Editorial Assistant”:
- A statement about why you are a good fit for Design Milk
- A sample post that you think would be good for publication Design Milk
- Links to any websites you have worked or currently work for
- Anything that you think represents your work or experience related to design
Share This: Twitter | Facebook | Discover more great design by following Design Milk on Twitter and Facebook.
© 2011 Design Milk | Posted by Jaime in Architecture, Art, Home Furnishings, Interior Design, News & Events, Style & Fashion, Technology | Permalink | 2 comments