Personal tools
log in | join | help

I need a replacement or covering for my windows that will allow airflow but block light and sound. Any ideas?

by LiveModern Webmaster last modified Jan 04, 2012 02:14 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)
by last modified Oct 10, 2010

Is there a panel option that could be put up when I go to bed and removed at the end of the night? I need to block light and sound, e.g., airplanes/auto engines.



Hi Sharon,

There is a company up in your neck of the woods -- Hartford, I believe -- that makes interior storm windows.

Not sure why you would want airflow around your windows -- typically you want a tight seal around your windows so you do not lose your heat to the outdoors. These interior storms are friction-fit, so very easy to install (DIY) and they are removable if you want to take them out. They will not only cut down on the noise but will save you energy as well. Check them out at

For more information:

Read Neil Gordon's Q&A "I am looking for window treatments for my 2-year-old's room. What will keep her environment healthy and block light?"




Website migration, maintenance and customization provided by Grafware.