San Francisco Bay Area Green Chamber Accepting Resumes for President Position
Average Rating: ( 0 votes)
The San Francisco Bay Area Green Chamber of Commerce is seeking a qualified candidate to preside over the President position for the organization. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who is looking for an opportunity with a growing and diverse green business network. We invite you to join us in overseeing the success and [...]
The San Francisco Bay Area Green Chamber of Commerce is seeking a qualified candidate to preside over the President position for the organization. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who is looking for an opportunity with a growing and diverse green business network. We invite you to join us in overseeing the success and growth of the organization.
Resumes will be accepted through Aug 31. If interested please send a cover letter and resume to stacie(at)greenchamberofcommerce(dot)net.
Role: President of San Francisco Bay Area Chapter
Terms: 2 years, volunteer position
- Must live in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Must be able to attend in person monthly board meetings in San Francisco
- Must be able to attend monthly Green Chamber events, Annual Event and other SF Bay area green and sustainability events throughout the year
- Prior experience in Green business, finance, business development a plus
- Prior experience with non-profits, membership based organizations and fundraising a plus
- Prior experience as a board President a plus
- Ensure that the Board of Directors and its members: are aware of and fulfill their governance responsibilities; comply with applicable laws and bylaws; conduct board business effectively and efficiently; are accountable for their performance.
- Preside over board meetings
- Proposes policies and practices
- Sits on various committees
- Monitors the performance of Directors and Officers
- Submits various reports to the board, to funders, and to other “stakeholders”
- Proposes the creation of committees
- Appoints members to such committees
- Performs other duties as the need arises and/or as defined in the bylaws
The President is accountable to the Board of Directors or Members as specified in the bylaws. The President may delegate specific duties to the Executive Director, Board members and/or committees as appropriate; however, the accountability for them remains with the President.
The President ensures that an agenda is planned for board meetings. This may involve periodic meetings with committee chairpersons and the Executive Director to draft annual and meeting agendas and reporting schedules.
The President presides over meetings of the Board of Directors. In this capacity, the President:
- chairs meetings according to accepted rules of order for the purposes of encouraging all members to participate in discussion; arriving at decisions in an orderly, timely and democratic manner;
- votes as prescribed in the bylaws.
The President serves as an ex-officio member of board committees specified in the bylaws. In this capacity, the President’s role is
- to serve as a voting member of the committee (if specified in the bylaws);
- to negotiate reporting schedules;
- to identify problems and assist the committee chairperson to resolve them, and if necessary, to bring them to the attention of the Board of Directors.
The President is the primary liaison between the Board and the Executive Director. In this capacity, the President:
- meets periodically with the Executive Director;
- ensures that periodic performance reviews of the Executive Director are conducted;
- participates in the hiring and evaluation of the Executive Director.
The President ensures that the organization maintains positive and productive relationships with media, funders, donors, and other organizations. In this capacity, the President serves as primary spokesperson for the organization. Duties may include:
- representing the organization to the media;
- representing the organization on governmental or nongovernmental organizations and committees;
- representing the organization at Green Chamber events throughout the year and the Annual Event
- representing the organization at other Green and Sustainability events around the SF Bay Area
• timely and appropriate reporting of Board decisions and actions to members and/or funders and/or donors.
The President is designated by the Board of Directors and/or bylaws as one of the signing officers for certain documents. In this capacity, the President may be authorized or required to sign or countersign cheques, correspondence, applications, reports, contracts or other documents on behalf of organization.
The President ensures that structures and procedures are in place for effective recruitment, training, and evaluation of board members.
The President ensures that structures and procedures are in place for securing the resources required by the organization. This may require the President to play a leadership role in fundraising campaigns.
The President may establish or propose the establishment of committees of the Board, and may assign tasks and delegate responsibilities to board committees and/or directors.