Happy Holidays from the Green Chamber of Commerce
Average Rating: ( 0 votes)
Celebrating an Action Packed Year! The San Francisco Bay Area Green Chamber of Commerce would like to wish you a very happy holiday season and thank you for all of your ongoing support in 2011. This has been an exciting year for us. Some of our accomplishments include: Passage of an opt-in Yellow Page Ordinance [...]
Celebrating an Action Packed Year!
The San Francisco Bay Area Green Chamber of Commerce would like to wish you a very happy holiday season and thank you for all of your ongoing support in 2011. This has been an exciting year for us.
Some of our accomplishments include:
- Passage of an opt-in Yellow Page Ordinance in San Francisco, B Corp legislation and Shark Protection Act in CA
- Developed several new partnerships including: Green For All, 350.org, ShadeFund, 2DegreesNetwork and Causecast
- Hosted a Future of Clean Tech event in Silicon Valley along with several mixers around the SF Bay Area
- Hosted our Annual Event at Levi Strauss and Co. headquarters with over 200 people in attendence
- Developed a business plan for the organization
- Welcomed several new Board of Directors: Elena Christopoulos, Andi Sterling, Sharmila Singh, Risa De Ferrari, and Sandra Stewart
- Welcomed new Board of Advisors: Gil Friend, Susan Frank, and Joshua Levine
- Began a Green Chamber Alliance with about 10 other Green Chambers around the country
We wouldn’t have been able to do all this without the leadership of our Executive Director, Stacie Shepp. Stacie stepped into the ED role after being the Marketing Chair on the Board of Directors since 2010. Stacie has announced that her term as the ED will be coming to a close at the end of this year so that she can pursue her entrepreneurial endeavors. Interim President, Elena Christopoulos will be leading the organization as we head into next year.
“I am very proud of this organization. The team we have in place and the foundation that we laid in 2011 will be exactly what the Green Chamber of Commerce needs to succeed in 2012. I am excited for the future and am thankful for the opportunity I was given to be part of such an inspiring organization doing
2012 Here We Come
Stay tuned for lots of exciting announcements in the coming year. In 2012 we will be focused on:
- Growing our membership base in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Hosting regular mixers and events around the SF Bay Area
- Developing a nationwide movement through the Green Chamber Alliance
- Supporting policy issues that enhance the future of Green business
We invite you to get involved in the Green Chamber of Commerce today!
- Become a Member
- Become a Sponsor
- Join a committee