Personal tools
log in | join | help

What can be done to help a person who is allergic to dust from a crawlspace-mounted central furnace?

by LiveModern Webmaster last modified Jan 04, 2012 02:09 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)
by last modified Dec 23, 2010

The person experiences discomfort from dust emitted through wall registers. The use of a high-efficiency SpaceGard type furnace filter does not seem to help.




I would recommend that you have a smoke test performed on the unit and ductwork.

This test will pinpoint all leakage areas in the ducts and allow you or your contractor to seal them properly, stopping dust from being sucked into the ducts located in the crawlspace.

Also, have all of the ductwork cleaned thoroughly. I also recommend having an electronic air cleaner with washable pre and post filters installed in place of the disposable filters.




Website migration, maintenance and customization provided by Grafware.