5 Companies That Power Sustainability
Average Rating: ( 0 votes)
I write about companies that power sustainability. We need leaders to move the green sustainability movement forward, that truly power sustainability. Here is the beginning of my list: 5 innovative companies which are doing just that – constructing a pathway toward sustainable solutions. Harvest Power – “Harvest is creating a more sustainable future by helping The post 5 Companies That Power Sustainability appeared first on Green Building Elements .
I write about companies that power sustainability.
We need leaders to move the green sustainability movement forward, that truly power sustainability. Here is the beginning of my list: 5 innovative companies which are doing just that – constructing a pathway toward sustainable solutions.
- Harvest Power – “Harvest is creating a more sustainable future by helping communities meet the challenges at the intersection of waste, agriculture and energy in the 21st century. We divert discarded organic materials – primarily yard trimmings and food scraps – from landfills and produce renewable energy and soil, mulch and natural fertilizer products through anaerobic digestion and composting. The company currently manages more than 2 million tons of organic material through 30 operating sites in North America. The company has nearly 65,000 megawatt-hours per year of heat and power generating capacity and sells nearly 33 million bags of soil, mulch and fertilizer products to agricultural producers and landscapers annually.”
- Ecovative Design – Committed to working with industry and consumers to rid the world of toxic, unsustainable materials.. Ecovative is a material science company developing a new class of home-compostable bioplastics based on mycelium, a living organism. Mushroom Materials are high-performance, environmentally responsible alternatives to traditional plastic foam packaging, insulation, and other synthetic materials.
- Nokero – Nokero stands for “No Kerosene,” and our solar light bulbs have an all-in-one solar system that replaces kerosene lamps and paraffin candles. Best of all, our lighting products are more economical than any other lights of their kind. A Nokero light charges by day and brings hours of light each night. Nokero products original designs utilize the best technology available.
- Solar Roadways – Get to know a solar-to-electricity system that isn’t stuck on the rooftop. Thus is s story about tenacity in renewable energy research and a long-range vision that might provide one solution to take on climate change using a network of solar roads, driveways, and sidewalks. Meet Scott and Julie Brusaw, co-founders of Idaho-based Solar Roadways.
- New Energy Technologies – Solar Window is the world’s first-of-its-kind see-through technology capable of generating electricity on glass windows and flexible plastics; and a planned ‘building integrated photovoltaic’ (BIPV) technology. According to Pike Research, BIPV products are expected to achieve compound annualized growth of 41%-plus through 2016.
We will continue o feature companies like these ones. If you feel we have missed n important contributor, please let us know.