Choose the Right Radiator for Your Home with these Tips
Average Rating: ( 0 votes)
Contemporary home radiators are continually evolving and becoming more fashion focused, and as a result there is no shortage in home radiator selection on the... The post Choose the Right Radiator for Your Home with these Tips appeared first on My Green Home Blog .
Contemporary home radiators are continually evolving and becoming more fashion focused, and as a result there is no shortage in home radiator selection on the market.
More inventive designs that conform to consumer desire for creative forms, eye popping colours, and space saving applications are all on order at Radiator Factory nowadays.
With this in mind we thought we would compile a list of key factors to consider when buying a radiator for your home so you are able to pick one that is as functional as it is fashionable.
If you would like more information let us know!
These are the factors you must consider when buying a radiator for your home or office:
- BTU/h: This is very important as this will determine how much energy you might consume to heat your home. Calculating the output of heat for each room is a must and is best left to a professional. By knowing this, you’ll be able to gauge how much you will pay in electric bills.
- Location: Find the coldest place in each room, that’s where your radiator belongs. Most homes typically place radiators in front of a window or an outer wall.
- Bigger is warmer: Radiators on the higher end of the size spectrum can warm up a room faster, stronger, better. If you have the budget to buy one and maintain the cost of the electric bill, by all means, get a bigger radiator.
- Cost: Steel is typically the cheapest option for home radiators. This is great for those who want to afford heating but still stay on budget.
- Least efficient: Aluminium radiators are available but don’t hold heat very long once the unit is turned off; this could translate into higher energy costs
- Most efficient: Cast iron home radiators hold their temperature for longer periods of time than those built with other materials and are a popular choice with consumers
You don’t necessarily need to take all of these into consideration but it always pays to know all the factors so you can choose the ones that are most important to you during the selection process.
Remember that you will be using your radiator for a very long time, that is, if you purchase one that has good quality. Don’t worry about taking your time during the selection process. After all, a radiator is one of the most important components of your home that will help make it a warmer place as well as add up to your monthly electric bill.
Here’s hoping we have made your radiator shopping a little easier! If you have anything to add, don’t hesitate to let the world know in the comments!
The post Choose the Right Radiator for Your Home with these Tips appeared first on My Green Home Blog.