Personal tools
Sections

Google Ad Experiments

by Marshall Mayer last modified Mar 07, 2006 07:12 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)
Click to change your rating: (not rated)
  worthless bad average good great

Google Ad Experiments

Posted by Marshall Mayer at January 31. 2006
You've probably noticed the big Google image ad at the top of each page. This note is just to let you know that I am experimenting with image ads, and you'll see some changes as I experiment. Primarily, I'm seeking to increase ad revenues (they are, in part, what keep this site going for without them I could not afford to). But I also want the ads to not interfere with the look and feel of the site. The latter will be hard to do as I don't have a lot of control over ad size, or what appears in the ad.

So bear with me as I experiment with Google image ads.

Marshall

Re: Google Ad Experiments

Posted by Kevin Dickson at March 05. 2006

I haven't noticed any yet. Please please make sure they don't move across the screen or hold me hostage while they play out.

Posted by Marshall Mayer at March 05. 2006
I hated the image ads, so I took 'em off after only a day. They were bad, can won't be back.

Marshall

Posted by darrel at March 07. 2006

Does dwell kick in any sponsorship money?

Posted by Marshall Mayer at March 07. 2006
Dwell does not sponsor this site. Rather, we host some forums that used to be on their site. In exchange, they include an ad in each issue as well as link from their site to ours, and we get quite a bit of traffic from that exposure. I think that's a fair exchange.

Marshall