Personal tools
Sections

'most recent comment' date doesn't appear to be working

by darrel last modified Oct 25, 2007 08:42 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

'most recent comment' date doesn't appear to be working

Posted by darrel at October 24. 2007

I noticed today that the 'most recent comment' column on the main forums page doesn't appear to be accurate at all. It shows a post days if not weeks older than the actual last comments in that particular forum.

Re: 'most recent comment' date doesn't appear to be working

Posted by Marshall Mayer at October 24. 2007

Darrel,

Can you provide links to a specific example? From what I see, I can't replicate your report.

Also, are you logged in when you see this, or not? The caching is a bit different (but not that different!)

MArshall

Posted by darrel at October 24. 2007

Modern Materials right now says 'J, on tuesday' as the lastest comment. But if you click into that forum, 'Scott on Wednesday' is actually the latest comment.

On furniture, fixing... 'Danny on Tuesday' is listed as the last comment. If you click in, Brano actually has the latest comment.

I am logged in.

Posted by Marshall Mayer at October 25. 2007

Well, I can't replicate that here (all looks as it should), but I can hypothesize why it might be happening to some users, even it they are not logged in. Basically a cashing problem. We'll explore it.

In the meantime, try refreshing the page in your browser, including a "hard" refresh. It should clear it up. Not to say that this is a solution, but a stop gap.

MArshall