Personal tools
Sections

UTAH MODERNISM

by LiveModern Webmaster last modified Nov 29, 2008 08:23 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

UTAH MODERNISM

Posted by brent jespersen at August 16. 2005

we are developing a virtual utah modern community.
we are also interested in developing actual utah modern communities and projects.
launching website: utahmodern.com in the fall.
looking to map out mcm communities around slc.
looking to set up house tours and quarterly meetings.

message me or post here to contribute to utah modernism.

Re: UTAH MODERNISM

Posted by Creede Fitch at August 19. 2005

Wow, is it really possible, other modernist right here in utah? Great work Brent, I hope the very best for you, and you can count on me to represent us low income modernist;). Do you need any help setting things up? If you do let me know.

Oh, and Brent, welcome to livemodern.

Posted by brent jespersen at May 26. 2006

anything happening this summer?

it looks like we will be doing a few house projects.
moab, emigration. park city.

more development continues to go in the gateway area.

propoerty has really jumped the last year.
some interesting projects going on.

saw something over in sugarhouse that looked cool.
urban renewal stuff.

Posted by brent jespersen at July 01. 2006

any interest in being a part of a summer modern house tour?

Posted by Creede Fitch at July 01. 2006

[quote:bjespe format=text/plain]
any interest in being a part of a summer modern house tour?

[/quote]

I would next summer. Still working on our house this year.

Posted by RJ R at July 29. 2006

Brent - Is there a SLC modern house tour that I don't know about, or is this something you've got in the works?

Posted by brent jespersen at September 08. 2006
i am trying to organize a modern house tour or architects and designers home tour charity event. i am hoping to partner wih one of the local design mags in 2007. i am interested in hearing from homeowners who want to participate.

Posted by liam. at March 03. 2008

i hope people get a little more active on here, as i'm new to the site and would love to meet other modernists and see their homes and such...

Posted by Laine Houberg at September 24. 2008

Man its really too bad all these threads just die out. Are there any mods in utah left on here ?

Posted by brent jespersen at September 25. 2008

just me.  jk.  

there are some great modern people out there - they just don't seem to want to create more of a community.  

seems typical of life in utah........

we are working on a couple of nice projects right now and have heard of a few others but it is pretty quiet out there.

Attachments

Posted by Laine Houberg at September 25. 2008

Do you have more images of this project ?

Posted by liam. at November 04. 2008

i check this every so often, but no one else posts on here, so it's pretty futile.  grassrootsmodern.com is pretty active as a blog both in daily entries and visitor comments, but there's no forum, at least not yet.  maybe someday enough people will be interested that it can have a forum.

my own personal project is underway in my brain, but i haven't done much to alter the actual space.  i might redo my closet this month, which has pretty much nothing to do with modernism, but hopefully i can start finishing my kitchen in december or january.

here's a couple photos of my place as it was shortly after i moved in a month ago.  not much has changed since then.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3182/2932212433_2425d81b93.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3173/2933053384_e2ed02839e.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3252/2927110498_4c0ddf8764.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3094/2926257943_b94fca2efd.jpg?v=0

Posted by brent jespersen at November 04. 2008

liam looks good.

is this in westgate lofts?

you should check out poliform for your kitchens and closets.  we have the best in the market.

www.poliformslc.com

thx  brent

Posted by brent jespersen at November 04. 2008

here are some pics of that drier we are doing in federal heights.

we just added a new dining room.

trying to get roof and windows in before winter....

Attachments

Posted by Lee Saber at November 19. 2008

Interesting project. This is Julander's and Berger's old Dreier house on Penrose. I know that house very well. Almost bought it in 2003. Interested to see how the project develops. I live in a classic 1951 Ed Dreier, one of his earlier Utah works. Just toured another Dreier on Parkview in the Cove (very poor condition).  I know most Dreier's in SLC, and most are very solid. Keep on posting the pics. Always looking for inspiration for my house.

Posted by liam. at November 29. 2008

brent.

my place is in the belvedere, and i'd LOVE to be able to do poliform, but there's no way i can afford such awesomeness, so i'm doing an ikea kitchen, which is good since there's already a few ikea cabinets in here as it is.

as for the closet, it's really small, and my dad and i worked on it a little while he was here.  there's still a little space (about 11"d x 12"w x 96"h) that i can do a little something with, so i've been thinking about putting in some simple shelves to place tshirts and/or little containers of stuff.

my whole place is barely over 400 square feet. :)

liam.

Previously brent jespersen wrote:

liam looks good.

is this in westgate lofts?

you should check out poliform for your kitchens and closets.  we have the best in the market.

www.poliformslc.com

thx  brent