Sections

anyone still use this?

by liam. last modified Sep 25, 2008 09:54 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

anyone still use this?

Posted by liam. at March 10. 2008

hey...

does anyone still get on here?  it loads rather slowly, which is kinda annoying, so maybe you all moved somewhere better.  where are all the slc modernists?

liam.

Re: anyone still use this?

Posted by Marshall Mayer at March 10. 2008

We were working on some indexes this morning, hence the brief slowness. It should be working fine now, but we will be working on the indexes over the next few days...

MArshall

actually, it's been slow for the last week whenever i've been on.  it's not unbearable.  i just switch to a different tab and come back after looking at something else...

hmmm... It's been a while since we had that kind of report. We'll look at the caches, since that is the main way that the site is kept responsive. Is the slowness on certain parts of the site (forums, blogs, etc.) or is it site-wide?

it's site-wide.  thanks!

One final question: when you notice the slowdown, are you logged in or not?

i'm logged in.  hope that helps...

The only reason to be logged into the site is to add content. You don't get any extra access to content by being logged in.

With that caveat, the site should be snappier if you are logged in. We'll look into the caching.

Marshall

Posted by liam. at March 11. 2008

yeah, but then i'd have to log in everytime i wanted to post on the site instead of staying logged in all the time...

Posted by Marshall Mayer at March 11. 2008

Yes, there is that, and it's important. We're looking into it.

Marshall

Posted by Jacqueline McArthur at March 11. 2008

Previously liam. wrote:

hey...

does anyone still get on here?  it loads rather slowly, which is kinda annoying, so maybe you all moved somewhere better.  where are all the slc modernists?

liam.

Hello Liam,

I am not in SLC, but in Boise, Idaho.  However, my husband and I lived in Salt Lake while he was attending the Graduate School of Architecture at the U.  I check this site often but I don't always post.

It seems that postings come in waves and then there will be a lull. Anyway, good to meet you.

Jacque

Posted by liam. at March 11. 2008

well, i hope we can somehow all converge somewhere...

Posted by Suresh V at March 17. 2008

Can you provide an update on the performance of the site? We have made some improvements and it feels quicker from where I am.

Posted by Jacqueline McArthur at March 20. 2008

It seems to be much faster.  Thanks!

Posted by Marshall Mayer at March 20. 2008

Yes, it does seem a bit faster. An unintended side effect, I assure you :).

Marshall

P.S. We may have the site down a bit this weekend or Monday for further tweaking. It won't be the whole day, I promise.

Posted by Laine Houberg at September 24. 2008

Though these forums seem a little dead, I am looking for fellow modern Fabricators/Contractors in SLC. My goal is to find those who have the ability to build and those with resources (info not capital). So far Crede Fitch and his very cool  Grassroots Modern has been all I can find, anyone else out there ?

Posted by brent jespersen at September 25. 2008

laine

we have the resources to build and help clients. we have done several interesting projects over the last few years.

grassroots modern is a great resource.

www.jespersendesign.com