Personal tools
Sections

Suggestions for modern/contemporary furniture stores NEW to TWIN CITIES

by cori pepelnjak last modified Sep 16, 2013 09:05 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Suggestions for modern/contemporary furniture stores NEW to TWIN CITIES

Posted by cori pepelnjak at June 04. 2007

My husband and I just moved to Minneapolis and need to fill some gaps in our home with new furniture--any all suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Cori

Re: Suggestions for modern/contemporary furniture stores NEW to TWIN CITIES

Posted by Steven at June 04. 2007

welcome to Mpls.

room and board outlet open on weekends

rosenthals downtown

Posted by Millhouse at June 04. 2007

Welcome to the twin cities. I agree with steven on the room and board.  What a great thing to have.  I have not been to Rosenthals for some time but i remember it being a bit too Princey ( our purple friend) for me but I am wrong about most things.

Posted by John Jacobs at June 19. 2007

Our favorite is Vogue Furniture in Bloomington.  Really great prices for the quality.

Also try European Design.  I think they are in Plymouth.

Posted by Emmett Van Gorp at June 21. 2007

DWR in uptown has some very cool modern pieces. http://www.dwr.com/

Posted by Jason Hammond at July 10. 2007

There's a new one I've seen advertised on TV that just opened in Roseville that offers some nice stuff but I'm drawing a blank on it right now. The other place that offers some a nice mix is Z-galleria in Woodbury Lakes shopping area.

Jason

Posted by darrel at July 22. 2007

Jason...I have seen that commercial...and can't remember the name, either. I've been meaning to check it out. I think it began with an 's' which is of no help...

Dayton's...er...Macy's furniture stores (Roseville, Edina) are also quite nice. Being MN, we also have a variety of scandinavian furniture stores peppered around the metro area.

WHatever you do, do NOT treck up to Becker Furniture world. Amazed that they could stuff that much ugly furniture into such a large campus.

Posted by darrel at July 25. 2007

I think this is the new store Jason (and I) were thinking of in Roseville:

http://daniafurniture.com/

Posted by darrel at September 01. 2007
We finally stopped by Dania. It's in the old Room and Board in Roseville. It's...well...an option, I guess. They have a handful of really nice modern pieces. As well as a handful of nice Ikea-esque shelving systems and the like. Then they have a bunch of what I call '80's Miami vice Contemporary'. Not really 'modern' as much as 'a tad cheesy'. Still, probably worth a visit and the prices are nice.

Posted by Steve at October 09. 2008

I realize this is quite late in the game for helping you, but for anyone else in the same boat, more recently...

You should check out Eastvold Custom. They do cabinetry as well as furniture, specializing in the modern aesthetic. You can either buy a pre-existing piece, or have them design one to fit your exact needs.

What I like is they're a small company, not a big corporation with an assembly crew mass producing pieces. These guys love what they do and create beautiful things.

Check out their website and browse the galleries:

http://www.eastvoldcustom.com

Posted by Rohan Mael at June 03. 2010

Hi !

Our well designed door handles are made to improve the value of your home or office. This will create an upgraded look to your good, by adding stainless steel door hardware to your place.

www.dayorishardware.com

Attachments

Posted by Rachel Johnson at September 16. 2013
Welcome to Minneapolis! You'll find the Twin Cities is a fairly artsy area, so there are many vintage and antique stores around the metro should that be the style you are looking for.  IKEA near the Mall of America is a great, affordable option with so many different styles to choose from.  I also Schneiderman's Furniture

, who has 5 Twin Cities area locations and a full online store.