Personal tools
Sections

A Pristine Modern Recreational Community

by LiveModern Webmaster last modified Aug 23, 2007 01:10 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

A Pristine Modern Recreational Community

Posted by David Steinberg at March 02. 2006

I am planning a project that I think will be of interest to this community.

The basic outline of my project is as follows: Purchase a large acreage (approximately 1,000 acres) within a 3 hour drive of Toronto. The acreage must enclose a pristine, undeveloped private lake. A limited number of lots, of approximately 100 acres each, are developed to the highest environmental standards with modern, efficient, comfortable structures on them. Purchases of the lots will have a choice of small (a few hundred square feet) or medium (up to 1,800 sq. ft.) residences, all of which will be preferably modern prefabs. Energy will be off-grid, which means micro-hydro, solar or wind.

I believe the value of a pristine, environmentally friendly development will only grow as the environmental movement gains momentum, and as these large acreages disappear entirely. I also believe there is a big and growing public interest in all things green and sustainable, and we will be able to tap into that to generate investors, purchasers, and good press.

I am interested in your thoughts. I am also particularly interested in hearing from those who would consider investing in the project, or purchasing a unit in it.

The time for this to happen is now.

Re: A Pristine Modern Recreational Community

Posted by Simeon Olsberg at July 10. 2006

Hey Pristine Development,

I think this is a great idea. It would seem though, judging by the number of replies, that others are less enthusiastic...

What are you thinking in terms of costs? Have you considered the use of pre-fab for this development? It sounds like the Royal Homes Q series would be a great fit for your idea.

It might be worth setting up a poll to see what the interest is - i know my concern (apart from cost) is the commute time - 3 hours for a weekend/recreational property might be a little steep...

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Sim

Posted by Simeon Olsberg at July 13. 2006

Hey -

I tried to respond to your email, but technical trouble bedevilled my 3 attempts.

Try getting in touch with Lloyd Alter of Royal Homes - he is a member of this forum -

Let me know how things go

Cheers,

Sim

Posted by Steven Comisso at July 13. 2006

I would love to get involved from a design standpoint. Please contact me at 416 762 2778 and/or see my blog on this site 3rd LEVEL urban to see what we're up to.

SC

Steven Comisso, OAA

Posted by Andrew Reeves at August 23. 2007

WOW.....Sounds very interesting

Let me know if we can be of any help!

THE FIRM

LineBox is an innovative commercial and residential design firm that provides a fresh and progressive outlook on how people live, work and play in the architectural context.  We understand design as a cultural act which engages our everyday experiences and brings together individuals with their environment and activities.  As designers of the built environment, it is our goal to bring our clients unique concepts in how they inhabit and experience space regardless of the projects scale or budget.

www.linebox.ca