Personal tools
Sections

modern residential in TO

by Ryan Murphy last modified Feb 01, 2007 09:33 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

modern residential in TO

Posted by Ryan Murphy at April 25. 2005

I grew up north of the city in Kleinburg and there were plenty of cool mid century homes around. King Cross estates has this one. Unfortunately the shrubbery now hides the fact that the whole house is supported from a central pylon. There used to be a rumor that the house would rotate - not true.

I took a drive through the Bridle Path recently and I was appalled by the fact that the all of the nice 60's homes are being bulldozed and P. Diddy style mansions built in their place. Any other good areas?

Re: modern residential in TO

Posted by Adrian at May 10. 2005

there are a few modern homes in Forest Hill. There are also some interesting spaces in the alleyways of College and Bathurst. They are unique spaces converted above garages.

Posted by Ryan Murphy at May 16. 2005

Yeah I like that house on spadina s of eglinton. There's one on marlborough ave that was profiled in dwell last year.

Someone has just finished a real nice one on evergreen gardens (in bennington heights) with a butterfly roof! I'll try to get a pic when I am over there next time.

These look a bit better than your average crappy toronto loft
http://www.sixtyloft.com/

Posted by iva at February 01. 2007

Previously Ryan Murphy wrote:

Hello Ryan,

I know the shrubbery house and that area, infact I know the builder personally. That house is in big trouble,I wanted to purchase it,but the house is not structuraly sound anymore. All those homes will be on my website www.modernspace.ca I am a realtor and since I love modern architecture I decided to be the first one to offer the service only dedicated only to modernist homes in Canada.Go to the site and see the newest and the most sexyest modern house in Mississauga-just a dream!