Sections

hello

by TK McCutcheon last modified May 04, 2008 10:32 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

hello

Posted by TK McCutcheon at January 24. 2005

Hey everyone,

My name is Tom. I guess I've been lurking around various modern architecture/design hubs (Fabprefab, Dwell, LM, etc..) for some time now but rarely chime up. I think it'll be neat to get a dialog going with a local perspective.

Thanks Sim, for the initiative and setting up this forum (love to hear some more about your new home, who is your architect?)

Re: hello

Posted by Tom R. Ratcliffe at January 26. 2005

My name is also Tom, and like TK, am interested in learning more about modern in Southern Ontario. I'm not ready to build a home just yet, but would like to know what community, if any, exists in the area!

Tom

Posted by Simeon Olsberg at January 31. 2005

Hey Guys,

It's great to see that we are not alone!

At this stage, we don't have an architect - we're still in preplanning. I anticipate that we will have another 1 to 5 years before we'll be ready to start the actual planning - in the meantime, I am trying to get a couple of architects interested in joining this forum and perhaps engaging them.

Cheers,

Sim

Posted by Lloyd Alter at January 31. 2005

Sim has asked me to join this and I am honoured to do so. I have staked my career on the success of modernist prefab so I will of course be happy to contribute and hope that I do not come off as a corporate shill, because I am not. I do this because I love design and I love the idea of prefab, after a career of building conventionally. Most of the time, I sell prefabs and run a blog on modernist prefab.[url href=http://www.royalhomestoronto.com]http://www.royalhomestoronto.com[/url] I hope I can add something here.

regards, Lloyd Alter

Posted by Rob Clegg at April 09. 2008

Hi guys,

Glad to be part of the club. Hi Sim, you may know me from the past. If it is you, I was suprised to see you on the forum. I just joined and excited to see a group interested in the same stuff as myself. Bought a Dwell off the stands about 2 years ago and been hooked ever since. Like many, looking to build something at sometime in the future but looking to see what is around. Since modern construction is almost non-exsistant on MLS in GTA, I guess we'll all need to start from scratch and hopefully start a trend. Hopefully, it will catch on.

Cheers, Rob

Posted by Andrew Reeves at April 27. 2008

Hey "modern club" can I join? can I join?

My name is Andrew.  Local Architect (LineBox studio inc.) that has a strong passion and interest in everything "modern".  This is a great site and its great to see local interest.  It’s great to have a blog that people can share ideas, experiences and most importantly share resources / knowledge of local content.  We also have a little blog on our site that we are using to posts Ontario bases suppliers, materials, topics and local modern elements.  We have found that there is a very strong trend leaning towards a more clean, distilled, smaller, green and design conscience built environment.  We are also noticing the need for more designers/builders/firms that can provide strong design services without the arrogance that is sometimes connected to “design”. 

Anyhow, just wanted to check in and introduce myself.  If anyone has questions about building a new home in the GTA just ask.   

Posted by Adrian at April 30. 2008

I need some "free" advice or opinions for re-designing the exterior of my 1940's house in Mimico.

send me a message if your willing to help :)

Posted by Andrew Reeves at May 04. 2008

Previously Adrian wrote:

I need some "free" advice or opinions for re-designing the exterior of my 1940's house in Mimico.

send me a message if your willing to help :)

Sure thing.  I can give you some information and or ideas

Just email me and let me know what kinda info you need

andrew@linebox.ca