Personal tools
Sections

Roof Pond Advise

by Miguel Diego last modified Dec 30, 2012 11:46 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Roof Pond Advise

Posted by Miguel Diego at January 20. 2007
I am in the final planing stage for a new house that will have a roof pond to cover approximately 700 sqf of the roof. Any advise on waterproofing materials, pond roof design considerations, etc would be much appreciated.

Re: Roof Pond Advise

Posted by Mike Springer at January 24. 2007

I can give you a litle history. "Prairie school" architect John van Bergen designed many homes with "ponded roofs" the idea was that evaporating water would somehow cool the structure.

He was a draftsman for Frank Lloyd Wright and Walter Burley Griffin. I think he was doing ponded roofs in the 1930's

Go to the website :   http://www.rebuilding.com/johnvanbergen/title.html   to see his designs and some drawings.

Posted by william w at April 21. 2007

architect Barton Myers’s Toro Canyon house has pond roofs.  great house triple glass garage doors to creat indoor outdoor space. might be worth checking with them.

Previously Miguel Diego wrote:

I am in the final planing stage for a new house that will have a roof pond to cover approximately 700 sqf of the roof. Any advise on waterproofing materials, pond roof design considerations, etc would be much appreciated.

Posted by schell anabel at November 20. 2012

Hallo everyone...

A pond of water on a roof structure that cools a building by evaporation. Because the water increases the thermal mass of the building, it also increases the gain in solar energy, storing the absorbed energy during the day, when it is abundant, for later use.

Posted by Rose at December 30. 2012

Hallo Everyone I am Rose.

I don't have any experience with them. But Many company provide best services of fitting this system.
Its very useful and beneficial also use as inside and outside the ground. I have have also an experience with www.houston-heaters.com...