Personal tools

modern landscape architect

by helen kales last modified Oct 03, 2011 10:25 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

modern landscape architect

Posted by helen kales at April 28. 2006

Hi- we are in Ann Arbor (AA Hills) and had the misfortune of losing the majority of our backyard trees to the ash borer. but we are seeing this as an opportunity to redo our backyard landscape. does anyone know anyone in the AA/Detroit area who brings a modern perspective to landscape design?

Re: modern landscape architect

Posted by Jerry Lowetz at May 01. 2008

I live in Livonia.  Thus far I've met with someone just about every day, twice a day for 2 weeks.  And thus far there have been two types, installers who will do whatever you design, and designers who are great at making your house look like any other 90's subdivision house.

The designer sounded to have great ideas and reasons why not to do mcm.  But he lost his credibility when he mocked Frank Lloyd Wright houses...  Um, if you can't even appreciate mcm architecture, you're NOT right for us.

So I feel your pain and will post on here if I find anyone!  Please do the same!

Re: modern landscape architect

Posted by Emerald Taylor at October 03. 2011

Contemporary landscape design is a relatively new garden style that complements modern architecture and is just as unique as the structures it surrounds. Vivid colors and abstract patterns, combined with unique uses of lighting, textures, and space, create an outdoor space that magnifies the beauty of nature with the sophistication of modern living.

Properties In India