Personal tools
Sections

Hardware to hang sliding screens?

by uncleho last modified Dec 02, 2012 07:37 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 28 votes)

Hardware to hang sliding screens?

Posted by uncleho at July 13. 2005

I'm talking about those metal or wood or hybrid screen doors that cover a sliding door or large window unit. They can be manually slid into place when needed. They hang from a track/slide hardware system that looks simple enough.

You see them in a lot of mags now. THey seem sensible for protection against sun and errant child projectiles.

Does anyone know of companies that make the hardware (rollers, track, brackets, etc.)?

Thanks,

Re: Hardware to hang sliding screens?

Posted by Olivier Laurent at July 13. 2005
I'm not sure it's really what you're talking about but try [url]www.smithnoble.com[/url] they have modern looking panel track that I like a lot.

Posted by Jonathan Maddox at July 14. 2005

You may want to search google for barn door hardware. Here is one site to check out ( http://www.crown-industrial.com/ ). I know there is a number of them out there.

Posted by Sara R. Sage at July 14. 2005

I think I know what you're talking about. It's a type of window dressing? Anyway, if you're talking about what I think you are, you can find it at Ikea. They have a panel rail system that looks good. Some friends of mine just installed in in their house.

Kvadrant rails and Anno panels.

[url href=http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10101storeId=12categoryId=10339langId=-1parentCats=10119*10339chapterId=13821cattype=sub]Link[/url]

Posted by matt hutchins at July 14. 2005

Check out www.richardswilcox.com
or www.coburn.co.uk (they have a u.s. distributor as well)

Posted by Sara R. Sage at July 14. 2005

Matt,

Those hardware links for the sliding box track are much nicer than the Stanley box track hardware I just picked up from Stanley. I wish I would have seen that site earlier. The only problem I have is that I don't know what I will end up doing in order to keep the hanging door from hitting the wall when it slides. Perhaps the [url href=http://www.richardswilcox.com/hardware/index.cfm?siteaction=ProductsProductID=941]Floor Center Stop[/url] from Richards Wilcox is what I'm looking for. Thanks for the post.

Posted by uncleho at July 14. 2005

Thanks guys.

The only pic I can quickly think of is on this site at MK's Glidehouse photos. She's got wood screens on sliding tracks that can close off the sliding doors.

I'm trying to find a method to block excessive sun on the south side of house, but since I only have 5' to the border, I cannot easily mount awning-like shades. The track screen would be better for saving space and also be used as a security-like screen with a simple lock if required.

Posted by Robert Beck at August 07. 2005

I'm a bit tardy in weighing in but here goes, I would suggest Hafele as a very complete and accessable source. They can be found at www.hafeleonline.com. they have more sliding system hardware than anyone else I have found. I have used most of the Howa line and it's quality is tops. It's fairly priced for what it is, and they have accessories such as different floor guides, bumpers, mounting plates and stoppers. Another source of supply, but harder to get is Hettich.

Cheers

Posted by Rich Adams at September 11. 2005

Try
http://www.goffscurtainwalls.com/aircraftpartitions.htm

Their curtain wall tracks are relatively inexpensive and have a nice industrial look. I used their products for some sliding doors in my house.

Posted by uncleho at September 15. 2005

You know... I HAVE a Hafele catalog at home and it never crossed my mind. Thanks!

Goffs, eh??? Thankyou, too!

Posted by Chris at September 15. 2005

I am going to use these guys for interior closet doors and they have been nothing short of fantastic to deal with.
I'll keep you posted as products are ordered and how they arrive and fit.

Posted by uncleho at September 16. 2005

candidone1,

WHO are you talking about pray tell?

Posted by Chris at September 16. 2005

Sorry, speaking in rhymes again.
I was referring to Crown Industrial. I had a post congratulating them for fantastic service.

I have not yet placed my order because I'm doing more measurements to cover more openings.
They have gone above and beyond my expectations thus far...I am hoping I will be dually pleased when my products arrive.

I will post pictures.

http://www.crown-industrial.com/

Posted by sabulbab0 at October 16. 2012

there are various changes have been seen in the work of an architect and interior designers. due to high volume of changes and updates made this field more creative and now many of the people are interested in the work of an architect and they want to know more about the expected results of an architect work. some time before people manage with their designing work but now people need quite different and unique work regarding the construction.