Personal tools

'Kona Wood' flooring?

by Hendry last modified Jul 26, 2012 06:52 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 5 votes)

Re: 'Kona Wood' flooring?

Posted by Krista Atkins Nutter at April 21. 2006
From what I could find on the Internet, Kona wood or the Kona tree is an exotic species from the Solomon Islands ( ). I'm wondering though if they are using the term Kona wood to describe a Hawaiian tree found near the city of Kona (of Kailua-Kona)? They could be referring to the Kona Coffee tree??? Either way, I'd ask for more info from the manuafcturer's rep (Armstrong, wasn't it?) and have them give you more information. Being that it appears to be an exotic, I'd ask about harvesting, (from a sustainably managed forest?) shipping (how far is it shipped? can you get the same look from a domestic without paying the extra economic and environmental cost?) Armstrong tends to be a pretty good company so you should be able to get your answers from them. Sorry I can't be more help. Thanks.

Re: 'Kona Wood' flooring?

Posted by davidraju at July 26. 2012

According to my knowledge kona means brave (or) bold. As it name it is used for making many products. this wood is very strong and having more weight. these wood products are sold by many companies. using these for your flooring is very good because it give strength and looking to your home