Sections

New Eco Deck Project Photos included

by Lorenzo Cavalletti last modified Dec 16, 2008 11:39 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

New Eco Deck Project Photos included

Posted by Lorenzo Cavalletti at June 14. 2007

Hello,

I am posting some photos I took yesterday of our latest eco deck project using our double wide 1 x 2 ipe decking tiles.

This home will be featured in Dwell and Western ID among other publications.

If anyone woudl like information about our eco decking tiles please email me at info@ecoarbordesigns.com

Attachments

Re: New Eco Deck Project Photos included

Posted by Jason at June 30. 2007

This looks great. What is the name/manufacturer of the material again and where do you buy it? How much per square foot for the material?

Posted by Lorenzo Cavalletti at July 02. 2007

the wood pictured is Ipe deck tile double wide tiles.

our website is here www.ecoarbordesigns.com

We are certified hardwood enthusiasts with a passion for design.    We do recommend sealing the tiles with a hardwood oil periodically.  Tinted oil penetrating sealers like Cabot Australian Timber Oil (mahogony flame tint) work best.

The decking tiles are available in both Ipe, curupau, and garapa.  All ironwoods with a 2000 or above KN rating (janka test) are the most stable and durable for North American dry or wet climate.  The pricing varies for volume and type of wood.  We are importers of this material so we can offer direct pricing for large volume projects to industry professionals and retailers..

I can be reached at 858 699 3540 if anyone is interested in hearing more about them.

Posted by Lorenzo Cavalletti at November 01. 2008

Update Oct 31st 2008

We are very close to obtaining FSC certification as our production factory is now FSC certified.  Our wood sources have supported sustainable forestry for the past 5 ears and this is th enext step.  The certification not ony ensures high quality lumber but durabliity as well.  If anyone is interested in finding out more information about the decking tiles please email me at info@ecoarbordesigns.com

Attachments

Posted by mordo at December 16. 2008

Please describe the basis of your FSC application, i.e., what are the specific logging practices of your lumber suppliers.

Posted by Lorenzo Cavalletti at December 17. 2008

Hello Mordo,

We are currently in the process of obtaining FSC certification as our product is really the very first true eco decking material.  The product uses less wood than traditional lumber decking,  it is reusable and moveable, and it installs over existing surfaces saving your local landfill.  This together with the use of FSC certified wood has created the very first green decking material.  All of our wood is purchased and provided by land owners who supply FSC wood to our production headquarters in Santa Cruz Bolivia.   The wood purchased is harvested from areas that are on private land and the forestry practice is approved by the FSC.  Our suppliers are listed on the FSC chain of custody website.  These areas are thinned of dead fallen and live trees and then not harvested again for a ten year period of time to allow for regrowth.  We pay quite a premium to make our tiles with FSC pure wood.  Our suppliers are leaders in the sustainable forestry management practices in Bolivia.  Bolivia by the way has the the largest volume of FSC certified forests within South America. I can provide more information via email just shoot me an email at lorenzo@ecoarbordesigns.com

Attachments