Personal tools
Sections

Ventilated AC Door

by ritter vonali last modified Aug 27, 2007 09:50 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Louvered AC Door - YUK

Posted by ritter vonali at June 17. 2007

AC DOOrWe just bought a place that has a hideous louvered door on AC mechanical closet. What modern options has anyone seen for ventilated doors? I want to see what's out there before I decide to go custom. thanks

rv

Re: Ventilated AC Door

Posted by Millhouse at June 17. 2007

Why not just buy a door that matches your other doors and cut a vent into the wall of the utl. room. Just a thought

Posted by sydney roberts at June 19. 2007

Would it be possible to turn the mechanical room into a combustion closet and install a solid door that suits you?  A combustion closet is a totally sealed room that is essentially taken outside the house by inserting high and low vents that bring in combustion air.  The new door is treated as an exterior door with weather stripping and a threshold.  Not only would this get rid of an eyesore, but it would also remove a potential carbon monoxide a moisture producing device from your living space.  Details, including a drawing, can be found at www.southface.org, search "combustion closet".

At the very least, install a carbon monoxide alarm.

Sydney

Posted by adam may at August 27. 2007

i have two of these UGLY doors in my mid century modern home, that I am remodeling.  My designer and i came up with a great idea.... we're taking all the slats out of the door, and replacing it with some decorative, metal screening... like you would see on a radiator cover.  They sell it at lowes and home depot... i'm still looking for the right, modern look.  i'll post a pic when done....