Personal tools
Sections

Installing Artemide Talo Light Fixtures?

by jhleung last modified Dec 25, 2008 11:22 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Installing Artemide Talo Light Fixtures?

Posted by jhleung at December 25. 2008
Hi, Happy Holidays Everyone! I've got a conundrum I'm trying to sort through - I've got a modern staircase, and the Artemide Talo light fixture would work perfectly there: You can see that this is very sleek and minimalist -> that's the look I'm going after. However, in the States, they sell it with a big old backplate to mount it to a standard 4" junction box: The round backplate ruins the look, which is a disappointment because there aren't that many minimalist sleek sconces that are flood lights (not spotlights) that also take 150W lamping! Does anyone know how I could mount this in the USA without the backplate? I know code requires a J-box behind the light fixture, but would it be possible to put gyp-board all around the j-box and leave a teeny tiny hole for the wires to come through, thus eliminating the backplate? Or, does anyone know of tiny j-boxes one typically uses in this situation? Thanks!