Personal tools
Sections

3-form / Alternatives for frosted acrylics...

by California Dreaming last modified Feb 26, 2009 11:58 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

3-form / Alternatives for frosted acrylics...

Posted by California Dreaming at February 08. 2008

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for products that are similar to 3-form, but not quite as expensive. I love the look of 3-form, especially their products that use natural materials like bamboo and grass in the mixes. But at $1300 for a 4'x8' sheet - it's pricey. Just wondering if anyone knows of any similar suppliers, either with plain frosted pieces or with designs in them like 3-form. Thinking of using it for a door panel and room divider...Thanks!

Attachments

Re: 3-form / Alternatives for frosted acrylics...

Posted by chris buttenob at February 09. 2008

Previously California Dreaming wrote:

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for products that are similar to 3-form, but not quite as expensive. I love the look of 3-form, especially their products that use natural materials like bamboo and grass in the mixes. But at $1300 for a 4'x8' sheet - it's pricey. Just wondering if anyone knows of any similar suppliers, either with plain frosted pieces or with designs in them like 3-form. Thinking of using it for a door panel and room divider...Thanks!

CD,

We finished out our design office/studio(seems like the typical thing to do if your designer to save money). Anyway, we used frosted/textured acrylic plastic (.125") Full sheet runs about $150 bucks certainly not like 3form but a alternative. If you create a sturdy frame(i.e. steel)and possible some cross members you might be able to keep it flat and consistant.

We mounted it to shelving system and lockers as dividers, it gives privacy and offers good light.

Hope this helps...Chris

Posted by richierod at February 11. 2008

Twin-wall polycarbonate panels (like they use for greenhouses) are cool looking and aren't as expensive...

-R.

Posted by California Dreaming at February 11. 2008

Thank you - do you know of a good source on where to find them - I am in the San Diego area...

Previously richierod wrote:

Twin-wall polycarbonate panels (like they use for greenhouses) are cool looking and aren't as expensive...

-R.

Posted by M E B at June 22. 2008

I am also looking at finding a replace to 3-Form or Lumicor panels for interior architectural panels.  So far it basically looks like the only nice looking options are frosted tempered glass or Acrylite acrylic panels.  THe Acrylite panels are available in some really cool colors and textures and seem to be only around $400 a sheet for 3/8" thick sheets.  If you want, check them out at: http://www.cyro.com/methacrylates/us/products/sheet_products/applicationsmarkets/furnitureaccessories/

Previously California Dreaming wrote:

Posted by Steve Zegler at February 26. 2009
Try Chrysalis Hd or Chrysalis Studio at www.Chrysalishd.com Cool designs and local distributors.