Personal tools
Sections

Car Ports

by John Haddad last modified Jan 10, 2014 01:17 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Car Ports

Posted by John Haddad at July 10. 2007

I am in the process of designing a project in Va,  The house has been designed, however the carport is now a sticking point.  Does anybody have a supplier who will drop ship a carport manufactured out of steel columns with microlam rafters?

I have a fabricator who will construct a package, however I would prefer not to reinvent the wheel and have calcs performed on this project. 

The car port will have four 10 inch columns with a shed roof above.  I would prefer no side bracing and I am worried about lift loads on it.  If anybody has a supplier or fabricator please let me know.  the sketch is rough, but it will give you an idea of what I want it to look like.  The glass section leads to the front entry of the home.

www.coremodern.com

Attachments

Re: Car Ports

Posted by Gregory La Vardera at July 11. 2007
Sarah Sage used a prefab steel car port on her house John. Do a search for her name and car port and I'll be it will come up.

Posted by Gregory La Vardera at July 11. 2007

Posted by John Haddad at July 11. 2007
Greg, you are the best. These carports look cool and they appear to be a cost effective alternative. Thank you. I will let you know how they work out. Here is a picture of the unit with the car port

Attachments