Personal tools
Sections

Unique row house style townhomes...

by gabe albrecht last modified Jul 24, 2007 07:43 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Unique row house style townhomes...

Posted by gabe albrecht at June 21. 2007

Something different for the Madison area...available for both West siders and East siders!

West:

www.condosatparkside.com

East:

www.condosatgrandview.com

Open houses most Sundays at the West location...check the Sunday paper (Stark section), or shoot me an email:

galbrecht@starkhomes.com

Re: Unique row house style townhomes...

Posted by mike risnowski at July 09. 2007
no offense intended, but there really isn't anything unique about these- the renderings from your last post looked cool, but the interior spaces, finishes, etc. are all pretty typical. it takes more than a flat roof and a coat of dark color paint to call a way of building and thinking modern. there are no real ideas here- i don't think you "get it." again, I don't mean to sound harsh, but i have driven past these and really get that impression. mike

Posted by gabe albrecht at July 10. 2007

mike,

Thank you for your opinion...though I must strongly disagree with your definition of unique.  These buildings are completley unique for the area and the price.  Please tell me where else in the area is anyone using steel and EIFS for the exterior of a residential building at this price point?  This being a rarity makes them "unique". 

In trying to keep these affordable there are quite a few constraints on what can be done with finishes. That being said we have accomplished providing clean lines and efficient uses of space...again no one to my knowledge is offering this at a price point below $200k!

As for the use of the term MODERN...

I am a bit perplexed how you were able to conclude that I don't "get it", by driving by the buildings.  I welcome you to stop by next time you are in the area and I would be happy to give you a tour (the pictures don't do the real thing justice). Perhaps you could school me on when I can use the term modern and I could school you on the complexities of development.  Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that the architecture is objective...either you love it or hate it.  I would much rather have people discussing the buildings than just driving by because they blend in with all the other surrounding buildings.

...By the way, you do sound harsh.

g

Posted by mike risnowski at July 24. 2007
this website/forum/etc. is about people trying ideas and experimenting with design in many different forms- granted, i don't understand the minutiae of development like you do, but i do understand that there are challenges and unique difficulties inherent in every project- these forums are also not about a developer/realtor guy complaining how tough things are with costs and trying to make money- they are about coming up with solutions to these problems that are inventive, original and with purpose. i look forward to more mature and thought-provoking projects and discussions from you in the future mike