Personal tools
Sections

Kitchen Cabinets

by darren macri last modified Feb 14, 2013 06:22 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 87 votes)

Re: Kitchen Cabinets

Posted by Liz Hart at May 15. 2006

ThreeDog - you can also get Blum hardware at leevalley.com. Both Lee Valley Rockler will send you a catalog. You might find that prices vary somewhat between dealers and it would be worthwhile to comparison shop. Blum makes several different kinds of drawer slides, for example, so be sure your're comparing the same one. I just googled Blum hardware and got a gazillion hits.

GMF3 - A well made veneer is very durable. You won't want to soak it, but it should hold up to normal usage. I think it's mostly a matter of which appeals to you.

Posted by Jen Wagner at May 27. 2006

We are in the midst of designing a kitchen using Kraftmaid's Venicia line. We love the european look of the Kaffe Cherry slab doors...BUT I am worried that the cabinet boxes only come in particle board. I have been thinking of changing my order to traditional Kraftmaid Cherry slab with all wood construction. The traditional slab in Kaffe will have more variations in grain and color, than the Venicia veneer slab. Will I be losing the sleek european look that we want? Does anyone have advice?

Posted by Jesse Leary at June 02. 2006

We used the traditional Kraftmaid cherry slab doors in our last house. You can find a pic on the web at my realtor's site. I can't link to it, b/c she uses frames. Go to realestatestars.com, click on five star properties, then search for 3104 to find the listing for 3104 18th St NW. (You could also scroll down until you find the listing, but that would take forever.) Click on that link and you get a bunch of pictures of the house, including one of the kitchen. (In the other pics, note the wonderful juxtaposition of Edwardian details and Ikea furnishings!)

Posted by Steven at September 13. 2006

><br>

Here are a couple photos of my near completed kitchen project.

Sanded and painted the oak cabinets metallic silver w/ 2 coats of poly.
Made my own doors w/ aluminum extrusion, hinges, green glass frosted acrylic panels.
Venetian Plaster walls
Stainless appliances
16 multicolor slate floor
Blue Pearl Granite
Bendable track lighting

><br>

Posted by Connie at September 14. 2006

Our Ikea kitchen is 10 years old. We chose Abstract fronts in light grey (which were discontinued at about the same time) and are still very satisfied with the look and the quality. We took our time to install it properly and nothing has ever fallen apart. All you need to do is adjust a hinge from time to time. The glossy fronts are extremely easy to clean and still look like new.

Of course, Bulthaup co. build much better cabinets, and they are beautiful. But even here in Germany, they are way too expensive.

When it comes to best quality for very little money, Ikea kitchens are simply unbeatable. IMHO.

Posted by meredith at July 02. 2007

I had the worse experience at Chelsea Custom Kitchens. They were pricy and really really rude. They have bad follow-up and didn't even send me a proposal. They assumed that I could not be making more money than my husband and that I needed to check with him before I made a decision. I def don't rec them. Thumbs way down- poor service and really disappointed.

Posted by DDS at July 07. 2007

I am an architect in N. Florida. Many of my clients have had great difficulty trying to get a modern kitchen at a reasonable cost. Beside the problem of finding someone to build one, I've found that almost none of the kitchen designers understand how to design with the modern aesthetic. As a result I began designing kitchens for my clients as part of the plans. I have since set up a program with a wholesale casework fabricator in the area. This allows me to offer completely custom european style kitchens to my clients at very competitive rates. I have included some pictures of projects that I am currently working on.

Attachments

Posted by Michael Soltoff at February 13. 2010

You may want to check out Eggersmann Kitchens www.eggersmannusa.com

Eggersmann is the oldest family owned kitchen manufacture in Germany. At 102 years old they are going strong! Because Eggersmann is family owned, they have their heart and spirit in the design and manufacturing, and have very good control over cost of production. This makes Eggersmann the most competitive in their class of high end German kitchens.

Eggersmann USA has 2 corporate showrooms. Their Headquarters and showroom in New York is on the 10th floor of the Architects and Designers Building, 150 East 58th Street, New York, NY 10155. Ph 212.688.4910.  Their showroom in Florida is in the Design Center of the Americas (DCOTA) 1855 Griffin Rd., C-262, Dania Beach, FL 33004. Ph. 954.342.4009.

Eggersmann offers the largest collection of FSC Certified Engineered Veneers, along with the Unique Collection of Natural Stone kitchen designs.

Limited only by your imagination, Eggersmann is committed to the individual - not the masses - Unique - not Uniform

Posted by Faraji Whalen at April 16. 2010

For anyone living in the DC Metro area, The Porcelanosa showroom in Rockville is selling their display kitchens. The galley kitchen in wood and red laminate is about $2950 and the Green laminate one is about $13,000. They also have 50% off certain plumbing fixtures, vanities and tile

Attachments

Posted by Wilson Curtis at June 03. 2010

Hi!

I worked with for a good contemporary solution to uprade your kitchen.

DAYORIS Hardware introduce a new line of contemporary cabinet door pulls.

These stainless steel cabinet pulls will add a lot of value to your kitchen or closet. Our line of stainless steel kitchen handles will match with all your stainless steel appliances.

Add stainless steel cabinet hardware to your kitchen will change the whole look of it, and will add value for resale.

www.dayorishardware.com

Attachments

Posted by Rstia Fatma Sari at July 09. 2012

Moderndesignhomes.com - complete guide to decorating, design, building, remodeling and gardening. In this blog also presented tips, inspiration selection and arrangement of furniture in various rooms, ranging from the front porch, living room, family room, to kitchen and bathroom. kitchen cabinet modern design homes

Posted by Delia Amethyst at October 26. 2012

I suggest IKEA! It's nice and inexpensive.