Swing-up Aluminum/Glass Garage Door

by Nicole Adler last modified Jan 31, 2013 03:24 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 76 votes)

Re: Swing-up Aluminum/Glass Garage Door

Posted by yuan chen at April 29. 2008

Previously Gregory La Vardera wrote:

Rob, not everybody can afford a bmw.

Just a spot of advice since you feel nobody is following your advice. As of this writing you have only made 4 posts on LiveModern, and all are on the topic of glass aluminum garage doors where you pitch for BP. This makes it hard to build credibility. Not a knock, just some advice and encouragement to participate more fully in the community. People are suspicious on the internet.

Everyone: As far as other manufacturers, fwiw we are going to be installing a non-BP glass and aluminum door in the Maryland 6030 House next month. I'll be glad to report back on brand and performance later on. It will be great if others buying doors do the same as Rob has. Thanks.

Just wondering how the door you wrote about above is doing. We're in the market and would prefer to not go with the cost-prohibitive bmw so to speak. Thanks much!

Posted by Tim Johnsson at September 27. 2008
Here is an attempt to resurrect this dated thread. I received a quote from BP for 4 garage doors - two 16 x 7 glass doors and two 8 x 7 glass doors, both with white starfire glass. Total was about $17,000, not including shipping or installation. There was no breakdown on price but I assume the 16' doors were about $5,000 each and $3,500 for each of the two 8' doors. Is this a reasonable price? There seems to be a pretty good argument to go with these doors but boy, are they expensive! If anyone could offer me an alternative (similar quality/look, lower price), I'd like to explore it. Thanks in advance.

Posted by xopher at May 18. 2009

Clopay Avante 8' X 7' Clear Anodized Aluminium frame, "Obscured" glass, which I believe means translucent, not frosted white.

Local dealer - $1543.00

Home Depot - $2500.00

This is in the NY Metro area. Shop around folks.

Posted by Thomas Jackson at September 19. 2012

Aluminum garage doors provide a unique and distinct look to today's more modern styled homes and light filtering glass make a notable compliment to your home. 

custom mirrors