Personal tools
Sections

Found a relatively affordable contemporary modern bathroom vanity

by Vikas Wadhwa last modified Sep 04, 2012 07:20 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Found a relatively affordable contemporary modern bathroom vanity

Posted by Vikas Wadhwa at December 07. 2005

I know there have been a few threads about affordable contemporary vanities. Affordable means different things to different people...I know you can put together a vanity and sink, etc from ikea for $200-$300. Also, you can spend $1000+ on custom made sinks out of concrete, etc. You can also go to places like Ann Sacks, Waterworks, but you won't find a single vanity there for less than $1,500. So, on my search for a contemporary vanity, I found at the place I would least expect Neiman Marcus, their new Studio vanity for $799...it includes the vanity, the sink, and the faucet, so I thought that was a good deal since the sink and faucet can often cost a couple hundred each at many places. And this vanity seems to work for me given I have 2 small bahrooms. Just thought i'd share since i have seen the threads out there for modern vanities...i'm sure people out there will think they can make something like this on their own, but i think it's tough to get the finishes you will find in this product - i actually went to Neimen Marcus and looked at the piece and it looked pretty good...

Studio Vanity: $799

[url href=http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/productImagesPopup.jhtml?displayImage=mainitem=prod24990109]Contemporary Vanity[/url]

Re: Found a relatively affordable contemporary modern bathroom vanity

Posted by Faraji Whalen at December 07. 2005

If you like the look, you can replicate the whole thing on ebay. The bowl sinks can be had for about $50, the faucet will cost you about $40 (might not last forever, but hey, it's 40 bucks), and you can do an imitation vanity for about $1-200. as for the finishes, you can go to a retail fixture store and get a pretty close approximation of the chrome stand. the countertop you can make out of surplus granite, tiled backerboard, thick lexan plastic, whatever you want. I'm a big fan of butcherblock wood. Stain and seal, and they look great and are cheap. That's the whole point: creating something unique and saving a s%itload of money. Short of that, $799 for an entire vanity set is not a bad price for retail, particularly given the source. I've posted these pics before, but here's a couple shots of my vanity.

Ingredients:
1 Ikea over the counter cabinet: $free (came w/kitchen)
2 Stainless Ikea doors: $free (came w/kitchen)
2 Ikea Perfekt cover panels (no cutting neccesary: perfect fit)
1 set Ikea cabinet legs: $10
butcher block countertop $5 from as-is ikea
1 ikea sink: $38 (as is, of course)
1 waterfall faucet: $40 + $10 shipping, ebay
1 set braided water lines and 1/2 to 1/2 inch nipples. For some reason, the retards that sell fancy looking faucets refuse to make 3/8 connectors on their hose.

Attachments

picture 2

Attachments

rtuddu

Posted by Paul Henry at July 31. 2010

You can find a modern bathroom vanity cabinet including, vanity and sink on this website.

http://www.bathroomarea.com/modern-bathroom-vanity-cabinet/bathroom-vanities/bern-40-solid-wood-bathroom-vanity.html

Attachments

Posted by Daniel Homes at April 25. 2011

Vessel sinks are mounted on top of the vanity rather than embedded in it. While glass vessel sinks can look stunningly contemporary, stone vessel sinks in a variety of finishes - marble, malachite, granite etc - can serve as a pleasing vintage-y contrast to your ultra-modern bathroom.

Get a discount and find traditional to modern furniture styles for every room at furniture stores in Los Angeles.

Posted by Michael Liberman at June 26. 2011

Previously Daniel Homes wrote:

Vessel sinks are mounted on top of the vanity rather than embedded in it. While glass vessel sinks can look stunningly contemporary, stone vessel sinks in a variety of finishes - marble, malachite, granite etc - can serve as a pleasing vintage-y contrast to your ultra-modern bathroom.

Get a discount and find traditional to modern furniture styles for every room at furniture stores in Los Angeles.

Shockingly, the vanity you found seems like a great deal. I would never have expected that from Neiman Marcus. The least expensive vanity I found was this, and it is both more expensive and worse looking than the model you shared.

Thanks for the tip!

Posted by Jeera Ji at April 14. 2012
There are many website available on internet where i can get bathroom vanities but I need suggestions from the people who already have the experience. I have found this one

on internet but kindly share here website which are only for USA.