Personal tools
Sections

modern kids' playhouse???

by Margaret McLean last modified Mar 17, 2012 10:53 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

modern kids' playhouse???

Posted by Margaret McLean at August 10. 2005

I am not having any luck. I want a small structure for our yard where my daughter can play, create art, read or whatever but I don't want it to look like Hansel and Gretel's house or a MiniMcMansion. I want a modern mini studio for my kid to revel in so that I don't have to clean up after her in the house all of the time! :) But my web search has come up with nothing. Ideas? Thanks in advance.

Re: modern kids' playhouse???

Posted by Splatgirl at August 11. 2005

Posted by Margaret McLean at August 11. 2005

Excellent! Thanks!

Posted by Margaret McLean at August 11. 2005

Splatgirl, I just ordered the plans. My spawn shall have the bitchenest play structure in the city!

Posted by richierod at August 11. 2005

><br>

Or this:
www.modern-shed.com

-R.

><br>

Posted by Splatgirl at August 12. 2005

Cool! I can totally see it with colored plexiglass panels in place of the clear ones for a kid space.

You'll have to be sure and give us the play by play of construction (maybe a blog?) once you start building. It's on my to-do list for a garden shed at our new place.

Posted by Sara R. Sage at August 12. 2005

We're building the Blazona MD-100 as soon as we get time for the same purpose! We've had the plans for some time and I can't wait to start on it. Please update with photos when you complete it, it would be cool to see what you do with it.

Posted by Margaret McLean at August 16. 2005

I will post pix and stuff when the time comes. :)

Posted by Patrick Anderson at August 23. 2005

just out of interest, how many people do you think would pay 3k upwards for some of these sheds ?

Posted by Patrick Anderson at August 25. 2005

I guess that answers my question:laugh:

Posted by Sara R. Sage at August 27. 2005

A link for modern(ish)-friendly swingset/slide:

[url href=http://www.metroshed.com/metroplay.html]Metroplay[/url]

Posted by Christy Kilgore-Hadley at August 31. 2005

I am dying to see just how simple the MD-100 construction really is. Do keep us up to date.

Posted by darrel at September 05. 2005

That metroplay seems neither modern, nor living up to its advertised purpose (sun protection).

Posted by Amy Uratsu at January 29. 2008

Previously Margaret McLean wrote:

Splatgirl, I just ordered the plans. My spawn shall have the bitchenest play structure in the city!

I am looking for anyone in California who has actually built the Blazona MD-100.  I work for a production company called Getty Images and we would like to do a one day still photo shoot about kids playing in a modern playhouse.  If you have built one and are interested please email me at castingla@hotmail.com and be sure to include a picture of the playhouse.  If we decide to work with you we can offer you a location fee of $1000.00 and insurance.  I look forward to hearing from you!