Personal tools
Sections

Matte black counters

by Adam Burke last modified Mar 03, 2013 06:54 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Re: Matte black counters

Posted by Sharman Egan at March 03. 2011

I'm thinking of Trespa Athlon for my kitchen countertops and wondering how Trespa has held up for those of you on this thread. My contractor thinks that, because they're a composite, they'll be easily damaged by water. He's also asking about the warranty and I can't find out much there. My impression is that they're very impervious to water and most other kitchen issues (except scratches) because they're designed for labs. Can anyone help me out with personal experience. Thanks.

Posted by Daniel Homes at March 23. 2011

Quartz stone surfaces are the ultimate choice for kitchen countertops, backsplashes, bathroom vanities and commercial interiors. The color of the granite is important but should not be the only deciding factor when you choose the right granite for your kitchen.  Consider the colors that will be surrounding your new granite countertop, such as the kitchen wall, floor and cabinet colors.

Get a discount and find traditional to modern furniture styles for every room at furniture stores in Los Angeles.

Posted by Crosby at February 06. 2012

Previously Adam Burke wrote:

I'm trying to decide on a counter top material. I want the satin finish of honed granite but I've heard many testimonials about the maintenance and staining on honed granite. The obvious alternatives like slate or soapstone, also have maintenace issues or the color is inconsistent. I want bomb proof, consistent black color, without a lot of maintenance. Is quartz stone a good choice? I'm looking for any advice I can get. Thanks!

Use granite countertops material, Granite characteristics include strength and durability. It's a unique and elegant natural stone. It's also one of the oldest, hardest, and strongest stones available. A truly beautiful natural stone with hundreds of colors and patterns to choose from.

Quartz is okay, but for elegant natural look and durability,  I will go for granite counterparts

Posted by Ted at June 06. 2012

Well Quartz is great option; it needs less maintenance than any other material and it look more attractive than stone.

granite ireland

Posted by willmars at October 04. 2012
Previously Adam Burke wrote:

I'm trying to decide on a counter top material. I want the satin finish of honed granite but I've heard many testimonials about the maintenance and staining on honed granite. The obvious alternatives like slate or soapstone, also have maintenace issues or the color is inconsistent. I want bomb proof, consistent black color, without a lot of maintenance. Is quartz stone a good choice? I'm looking for any advice I can get. Thanks!

Granite is good as compare to quartz, in granite you can get many good colors. i will go with granite.

<a href="http://www.stoneagelimited.com/landcaping">quality indian sandstone paving

</a>

Posted by Owens at March 03. 2013

Both granite and quartz are great to have.  Quartz is a bit easier to take care of and can take more of a beating than granite can.  Honed granite can be a major pain, it stains super easily.  If it does get stained it is really hard to remove the stain. Soapstone can scratch to easily.  Slate is good but can be brittle in the corners if left in a point.  Slate is harder to stain and scratch. You can find more here : http://www.myinstalledcountertops.com