Doors. Please help

by k kuo last modified Jun 19, 2008 09:16 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Doors. Please help

Posted by k kuo at October 30. 2005

><br>

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone could kindly point me to someone who could make custom sliding interior doors. something like below. i am looking to have two panels (54 each) to partition a studio Jr.-1 apt. betw. the bedroom and the livingroom

Thank you!

><br>

Re: Doors. Please help

Posted by k kuo at October 30. 2005

><br>

><br>

Posted by Julie Brown at October 30. 2005

www.slidingdoorco.com maybe? I don't know what they cost, but they sure look cool in the ad.

Posted by ian maclean at October 30. 2005

find a good local carpenter or cabinet maker. they can buy the hardware from stylmark or any of the other mfgr's then build the panels to what ever style you want. most of the work will be in the hardware and fitting.

-ian

Posted by Karen Pittman at October 31. 2005

kk,

Where are you located?

-KP

Posted by Mark McCoy at June 19. 2008

Previously k kuo wrote:

><br>

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone could kindly point me to someone who could make custom sliding interior doors. something like below. i am looking to have two panels (54 each) to partition a studio Jr.-1 apt. betw. the bedroom and the livingroom

Thank you!

><br>

The image provided looks like an aluminum framed closet door but instead of mirror, they inserted a wood panel or faux wood panel inlieu of the mirror. Look in your area for companies that make closet mirror doors and ask them if they have those infills.

Our company makes closet mirror doors so we could cover the panel frames and the top and bottom track but the wood/faux wood panels would be up to you to find locally. Another possiblity would be our Norwood 3050 multi-slide door system wherein each panel has its own track so you could span any distance you wanted and make the panels as wide as you want. The infil is the same issue as the closet doors.

Good luck in your search.

Mark