Personal tools
Sections

EAMES plywood lounge chair

by michaelann cooke last modified Jul 11, 2011 01:26 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

EAMES plywood lounge chair

Posted by michaelann cooke at March 31. 2006

is there a place or website to buy an eames plywood lounge chair at a discount? i found one place online that is the same price as Design within Reach, but they dont charge shipping. thats the closest ive come to a discount. any info would be helpful. thanks!

Re: EAMES plywood lounge chair

Posted by Patrick Toomey at April 01. 2006

I didn't check the dwr website, but I would imagine that highbrowfurniture will have the same price. Highbrowfurniture has free shipping and you can also get an additional 10% off if you enter FAQ into the promotional code box when you checkout.

Good luck,
Patrick

Posted by Matt Pierce at April 01. 2006

I have an idea... go to the Herman Miller website and check all of their distributors/retailers in your area. Contact each of them for a quote, even if you don't think they sell small quantities or to non-corporate accounts. I got a rather large discount from a Herman Miller dealer in my town that typically sells large quantities of office furniture. I wouldn't have known they would have sold to an individual without asking. I bought a couple pieces, a lounge and ottoman set and table from them at about 25% off DWR prices and it was free freight as well!

Posted by David M at April 18. 2006

i bought mine from highbrow with the 10% off promo code and free shipping. it was the best deal i was able to find.

Posted by jakob clark at April 18. 2006

If you are patient you can find newer used models on eBay from time to time. The lowest I have seen one go for is around 1700 but it had a few surface scratches on the leather from a cat. Other then that they seem to get between 2000-2300. Good Luck!

Posted by Debra Booth at April 23. 2006

Ebay is a good source for new ones too--just make sure they are not repos. You will likely get free shipping and a better price than DWR. There are a couple of times of year that DWR and Highbrow get to put them on sale--authorized by Herman Miller I believe--you might want to ask them when that happens.

Debra

Posted by jakob clark at April 25. 2006

[quote:debra format=text/plain]--just make sure they are not repos.

Debra[/quote]

I have never heard of a reposessed eames chair! ;)

Posted by Paul Lum at October 03. 2008

Another option is to get a reproduction version. Those sell for around $250-$300 each at places such as Eternity Modern www.eternitymodern.com

Posted by robindesbois at April 06. 2009

Previously Paul Lum wrote:

Another option is to get a reproduction version. Those sell for around $250-$300 each at places such as Eternity Modern www.eternitymodern.com

Actually, I just checked out the site you mention and, 6 months later (according to the date stamp on your post), they sell for $899, not the $250-$300 you mention. I don't see how a product could more than triple in 6 months *and* during a recession...

Posted by northcoastimports at May 27. 2009

Previously Paul Lum wrote:

This is an old thread, but I had a question.

I was considering the Eames lounge repro at Eternity Modern for $900, or the Hermann Miller Eames lounge (without the ottoman) at DWR for about $12-$1500.  DWR has one that's damaged... pretty badly scratched, but structurally seems okay.

Has anyone bought the one at Eternity Moderrn?  Is it comfy?  Well enough made to last?

Posted by Greg Pohl at October 18. 2009

I'm not sure if the quality would be comparable, but I've seen a company on craigslist.com that sells them for a fraction of the price in DWR. I also saw them at Blueprint in LA for a decent price. 

Posted by Patrick Breitenbach at October 21. 2009
$225 at whiteonwhite.com

I've bought other stuff from there and it's good quality.

Posted by Matt Kent at July 11. 2011

The Eames design remains one of the most popular and copied furniture in modern times. Regardless, of materials such as wood, or in this case plywood the look is both contemporary and comfortable.

Matt

http://northcharlotte.floorcoveringsinternational.com/