Personal tools
Sections

keeping glass showers clean

by trent snyder last modified Jun 26, 2011 08:11 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

keeping glass showers clean

Posted by trent snyder at May 03. 2005

just put a walk in glass shower in the humble home. anybody have any recommendations as to how to keep it clean. i know water spots are gonna be a problem. any advice would be great. thanks.

t

Re: keeping glass showers clean

Posted by Splatgirl at May 03. 2005

That daily shower cleaner spray stuff does make a difference, but it's a pain.
You could try some Rain-X from the automotive dept. It works great on car windsheilds but it does take some effort and needs to be reapplied periodically.

Posted by Julie Brown at May 05. 2005

The Rain-X folks make a product for indoors too. I haven't tried it yet, but I do use the car stuff on the shower. I also like to use it on the lower windows to make the noseprints and dog snot bead up and roll off. Actually, before I got around to Rain-Xing the new shower door, we just squeeged it after every shower and that worked reasonably well. It only takes a minute.

Posted by Adam Tibbs at May 06. 2005
Does that Rain-x stuff really work for noseprints?

And I concur about the squeegee. Grew up doing it, and it's just part of the shower ritual before drying off...

Posted by Julie Brown at May 06. 2005

Indeed Rain-X does the trick for nose prints. I've used it for about 20 years. It has to be renewed occasionally.

Posted by Sara R. Sage at May 24. 2005

303 makes a great product for glass showers. It's non-toxic too. [url href=http://www.303products.com/main.php?infopage=showershield]Shower Shield[/url]

Posted by f1rstborn at May 25. 2005

tilex make a product. comes in a clear spray bottle. just spray and walk away after you shower.

Posted by Alvin Mcneil at February 17. 2011

I also use Shower Guard for cleaning glass shower doors. The ShowerGuard glass is ionically bonded to seal the surface against attack from chemicals and shower contaminants. Which means your glass remains smooth and easy to clean. You get it at River Glass Designs. Take a look at the glass shower gallery.

Posted by Daniel Homes at April 24. 2011

The squeegee for sure. It takes about 30 seconds and I don't have to fear for all the possible chemicals (perhaps I worry too much, but the squeegee is so simple and effective I don't even care anymore).

Get a discount and find traditional to modern furniture styles for every room at furniture stores in Los Angeles.

Posted by Michael Liberman at June 26. 2011

Previously Daniel Homes wrote:

The squeegee for sure. It takes about 30 seconds and I don't have to fear for all the possible chemicals (perhaps I worry too much, but the squeegee is so simple and effective I don't even care anymore).

Get a discount and find traditional to modern furniture styles for every room at furniture stores in Los Angeles.

The chemicals used in these products are completely benign. The squeegee is great if you use it consistently, but most people do not. The products mentioned above require far less effort and will result in a better looking shower for most people.