Personal tools
Sections

landscape designer?

by luca uggeri last modified Feb 18, 2008 03:12 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

landscape designer?

Posted by luca uggeri at December 09. 2007
Hi, we are looking for a modern landscape designer/architect to design the garden of our (nearly) minimalist house. Any ideas? Many thanks.

Re: landscape designer?

Posted by Roxanne Nelson at December 09. 2007

Luca-

Where are you located?  I would suggest you use someone local that is familar with native species, so it's important to know what general region you're in.

Roxanne

Posted by luca uggeri at December 10. 2007
Right, I guess I need to be a little more specific. We live in the Cayman Islands. We would like to play with different species of tropical bamboos and perhaps some native grasses. Also, a small palette of materials such as gravel, ipe and white walls to create a low maintenance, architectural garden.

Posted by Roxanne Nelson at December 10. 2007

Previously luca uggeri wrote:

Right, I guess I need to be a little more specific.
We live in the Cayman Islands. We would like to play with different species of tropical bamboos and perhaps some native grasses. Also, a small palette of materials such as gravel, ipe and white walls to create a low maintenance, architectural garden.

Luca-

The Cayman Islands- Boy, do I envy you as we are going through this extreme cold spell in Minnesota.  Sorry, don't know of any local landscape architects in your area.  But I might suggest that you find a local architect that does modern work and ask him/her who they like to work with for landscapes.

Roxanne

Posted by page huyette at February 18. 2008

Attachments

Posted by Maze at February 18. 2008

I discovered this landscape design company awhile back. They are out of the UK, but I love their minimal design.  Check it out at least for inspiration!

http://www.mylandscapes.co.uk/index.htm

-Nancy