Personal tools
Sections

Looking for ideas for modern and green driveway

by JPS last modified Aug 02, 2011 04:56 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Looking for ideas for modern and green driveway

Posted by JPS at January 12. 2010

I am looking for ides for the design of a small driveway in a Southern California desert climate. I love the look of the pavers like Turfstone pictured here where the grass can grow in between, but the problem here is we are having a water shortage. So even though the grass driveway would help prevent runoff it would also require a lot of water to keep it green. Wondering if anyone has any experience with or ideas for another option that would prevent runoff and remain sustainable/green? Or perhaps a grass that doesn't take so much water...? Thanks!

Attachments

Re: Looking for ideas for modern and green driveway

Posted by brano rataj at January 19. 2010
you might also consider this product. if you are not going for that particular look of concrete pattern with patches of grass it might be better alternative. it will look like lawn, water will drain through it and you can drive or park your car over it. i tried to use it for my driveway, had extensive discussions with bldg officials from my city but as much as they claimed  how  they support new products and improvements, they wouldnt accept driveway made of anything else than concrete, stone or asphalt. better check with your city frst, to make sure you dont have there bunch of ignorants.

Posted by JPS at January 19. 2010

Thanks Brano. That's another good system...but what I am really looking for is a drought friendly alternative that can be used instead of actual grass....the problem is our water shortage in Southern California, thank you though...

Previously brano rataj wrote:

you might also consider this product. if you are not going for that particular look of concrete pattern with patches of grass it might be better alternative. it will look like lawn, water will drain through it and you can drive or park your car over it. i tried to use it for my driveway, had extensive discussions with bldg officials from my city but as much as they claimed  how  they support new products and improvements, they wouldnt accept driveway made of anything else than concrete, stone or asphalt. better check with your city frst, to make sure you dont have there bunch of ignorants.

Posted by Jason White at August 02. 2011

Why not try this site http://www.sergioslandscaping.net? For sure you will get many wonderful ideas to help you achieve the kind of project you have in mind.