Personal tools
Sections

Modern French Doors

by Rebecca Ward last modified Mar 12, 2007 02:48 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Re: Modern French Doors

Posted by Rebecca Ward at January 02. 2007

Does anyone know where i can get some cool, modern, exterior "french" style doors? Im in Seattle. Thanks..

Posted by Daphne Angarita at January 25. 2007

Previously Rebecca Ward wrote:

Does anyone know where i can get some cool, modern, exterior "french" style doors? Im in Seattle. Thanks..

Take a look to this site, not sure if they will work for exterior: www.modernus.com

Posted by Dace Krasts at March 12. 2007

Previously Rebecca Ward wrote:

We found this door in plenty of old black and white photos of mid-century homes so we knew it fit the era of our place.  We didn't know it would be so timeless.  The door is a Simpson French door, #7105 or 7104.  We went with Fir and a horizontal reed privacy glass.  Some pictures had etched glass, but we wanted to keep the linear theme of the house going throughout as much as possible.

All our doors came from a store that specifically sold doors and door accessories (in Lynnwood).  We went that route only because we needed a number of wood interior doors and wanted a place with sufficient selection.  They had plenty of simple, unfinished doors for us to choose from  (all wood types) and they also special ordered this Simpson door for us.  

Simpson Doors are common so I'd think you can find plenty of dealers.

I didn't think a front door could make such a difference.  At least once a month, I find someone idling their car outside our house simply to check out the door.  I ougth to post the info outside on the door.  I never would've thought!

Best of luck on your project!

Attachments