Personal tools
Sections

Low ceiling but high hopes for a ceiling fan?

by Bonnie Blue last modified Nov 06, 2008 04:28 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Low ceiling but high hopes for a ceiling fan?

Posted by Bonnie Blue at November 06. 2008

I read awhile back about someone here concerned about using an industrial fan in a room with a standard 8-foot ceiling. He said he modified a fan to shorten it, but then he said he didn't like the look in the end. I just finished doing some research because I was in the same spot and found that fan makers use something called a 'hugger' to shorten the length of their fans instead of using a rod from the ceiling to the fan. I ended up getting a Velo Hugger at www.modernfan.com. It's only 14 inches long and I like how the shape of the hugger fits the fan. It would look weird in such a short space if it didn't match the form.

Re: Low ceiling but high hopes for a ceiling fan?

Posted by Bonnie Blue at November 06. 2008

Previously Bonnie Blue wrote:

I read awhile back about someone here concerned about using an industrial fan in a room with a standard 8-foot ceiling. He said he modified a fan to shorten it, but then he said he didn't like the look in the end. I just finished doing some research because I was in the same spot and found that fan makers use something called a 'hugger' to shorten the length of their fans instead of using a rod from the ceiling to the fan. I ended up getting a Velo Hugger at www.modernfan.com. It's only 14 inches long and I like how the shape of the hugger fits the fan. It would look weird in such a short space if it didn't match the form.

HERE'S THE PHOTO:

Attachments