Personal tools
Sections

Modern Oak Hardwood Floors...a green modern recipe

by Chris last modified Oct 03, 2011 10:24 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Modern Oak Hardwood Floors...a green modern recipe

Posted by Chris at March 14. 2010

I'd like to throw out the notion that Oak flooring cannot be modern....

This is an Oak floor (red) which was treated with a soultion made from household White vinegar and rusty metal I collected along the beach of Lake Michigan.  The tannins in the Oak react with the solution to turn the wood floor varying shades of tan, blue and black.  To preserve the color a waterborne sealer & urethane is applied. 

Attachments

Re: Modern Oak Hardwood Floors...a green modern recipe

Posted by Matt Schaub at September 10. 2010

I Just did this this week! (Not poly'ed yet!) Thought it boosted your argument tho... BTW, your floor is spectacular! exactly what i wanted in my office (the room in the back) but i saw it a week too late! Could you tell me the formula tho? Id like to do this next time I have a bare floor!

Again, great job! really spectacular. 

Thanks, Matt

Previously Chris wrote:

I'd like to throw out the notion that Oak flooring cannot be modern....

This is an Oak floor (red) which was treated with a soultion made from household White vinegar and rusty metal I collected along the beach of Lake Michigan.  The tannins in the Oak react with the solution to turn the wood floor varying shades of tan, blue and black.  To preserve the color a waterborne sealer & urethane is applied. 

Attachments

Posted by Matt Kent at July 10. 2011

Oak flooring combine with the timber kitchen looks fabulous, however my personal favorite is the baltic pine flooring. It has a coloring that combines with many other finishes in both modern and old world interior themes.

Matt

http://leaside.floorcoveringsinternational.com

Posted by Martin Jecker at October 03. 2011

Your floor looks great, Chris!  I just started shopping around for [url=https://www.floorstoyourhome.com/hardwood-flooring.html]hardwood flooring[/url] last week.  I was not originally interested in Oak, but you may have changed my mind!  I would love to have a floor that looks like your picture, but I'm not sure that I would be able to pull it off.  I am definitely going to look into it further though.  Thanks for sharing!