Sections

For Sale 1948 Cubist Modern, Athens TN

by Theresa Melton last modified Oct 12, 2010 07:07 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

For Sale 1948 Cubist Modern, Athens TN

Posted by Theresa Melton at October 12. 2010

Hi all!

I don't own this house or have any financial interest in it at all, but I adore it.  I have ever since I moved to Athens almost 30 years ago.  It's up for sale again, and it would thrill me to see someone purchase it who will bring it back to its Modernist glory.  It's 4 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths, 2,700+ square feet with a full unfinished basement that includes a 2 bay garage, with access from both Forrest Ave and the street behind.

It's in a great, picturesque neighborhood only a few blocks away from the McMinn County Library, Tennessee Wesleyan College, Ingleside Elementary and all the main shopping in Athens both downtown and at the 'Marts.   I don't know the home's condition, I just know it's a short sale situation.

It's at 211 Forrest Ave, Athens TN.  MLS# 160443.  The agent is Teresa Lingerfelt  (A different Teresa, not me! LOL)
Phone: (423) 745-4446
Mobile: (423) 506-7424

I hope someone who appreciates this unique, wonderful home can get it and restore it.  I feel it needs to be on some sort of historic register of modernist homes, if such exists. 

Thanks!
Theresa M.

Attachments