Personal tools
Sections

Small Bath Vanity

by Jeff Jasper last modified Sep 04, 2012 01:06 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Small Bath Vanity

Posted by Jeff Jasper at April 28. 2006

Hi all I am looking for a wall mounted vanity for our guest bathroom. I would prefer a square or rectangle shape sink in ceramic or solid surface material with a small dark wood cabinet. I am also looking for something under $500.

Similar to this but with the sink on top ;)
http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?from=thumbfrm=module=item=6408502prod_num=3081section=2category=17

Re: Small Bath Vanity

Posted by Fran Loosen at May 01. 2006

I ended up having to have one made, which was more than $500...totally lame that there wasn't anything out there. I did a duravit sink (not that expensive, except that I got dinged with shipping) and a table underneath that looks like http://www.bertch.com/bertch_web/bath/bathmain.cfm

I bet you could have a cabinet maker whip up a box for you easily and stain it with an ebony stain. The Kohler price is appalling. Have you seen it in person? It's really cheaply made too...

I do love the duravit sink, though, but check out their catalog instead of trying to deal with the website.

Posted by Fran Loosen at May 01. 2006

I ended up having to have one made, which was more than $500...totally lame that there wasn't anything out there. I did a duravit sink (not that expensive, except that I got dinged with shipping) and a table underneath that looks like http://www.bertch.com/bertch_web/bath/bathmain.cfm

I bet you could have a cabinet maker whip up a box for you easily and stain it with an ebony stain. The Kohler price is appalling. Have you seen it in person? It's really cheaply made too...

I do love the duravit sink, though, but check out their catalog instead of trying to deal with the website.

Posted by Jeff Jasper at May 02. 2006

I ended up finding a sweet wall mount sink on Ebay, but it looks like I am going to have the just make the cabinet box myself.

Yeah, it is annoying that there really does not seem to be much in the way of modern wall mount vanities for under $2K. Seems crazy as my whole kitchen cabinets only cost around $4K and I have a TON of cabinets.

Posted by Julie Brown at May 04. 2006

Can you use an Ikea or Kraftmaid kitchen cabinet? There are 15 and 18 high boxes in various widths meant to be placed over a refrigerator.

Posted by Dana Killion at May 05. 2006

I'm wondering the same thing. Is there some technical reason that a fridge cabinet couldn't be used? I'd like to be able to have 2 wall mounted boxes under each sink, similar in look to the Kohler link with a span of counter material that runs wall to wall over the boxes. Anyone who knows more about this stuff care to chime in? thanks.

Posted by Julie Brown at May 05. 2006

My question was sort of rhetorical. Yes, you can use a refrigerator cabinet as a vanity. However, standard kitchen cabinets are 24 deep and standard vanities are 21 deep, so you might or might not have a fit problem. You might be able to cut one down to fit, too.

I haven't gotten around to bathroom remodeling, but I'm planning on refrigerator cabinets. In one bathroom I have a 24 deep vanity already and in the other I have a 21 deep vanity but there is a wall on either end, so a less than perfect cabinet modification will be just about invisible. In both cases I can use standard width cabinets.

If you are a bit handy, you can buy prefinished doors in many styles and cobble together your own vanity

Posted by Greg Beere at May 05. 2006

Just finished a new house and we used the Kraftmaid cabinets (Venincia European Boxes) We took the back off of the box and ripped 4 off of it. I installed a quartz counter top and a vessel sink. The faucet was a Newport Brass wall mount. The trick is, before you install your drywall, chisel out the wall studs to accept a heavy duty L-brackets. Mount the brackets so the cabinet will sit at the correct height. I made the top of the vessel 36” AFF. This gives the box enough strength to support a top and sink without falling off of the wall.

Posted by Nicole Herold at May 05. 2006

I have 2 IKEA above fridge cabinets (36W x 15H) waiting to be installed as the floating vanities in my now torn apart master bath. I've heard the issue of the counter depth differences between bathrooms and kitchens, but why is it such a big deal to have extra depth? I think it's going to be great to have more space. Of course we are making our own concrete countertops so we don't have to conform to pre-made products.

Posted by Michelle Bruckner at May 13. 2006

I was at a home show in Phx, AZ and saw a company that sold the coolest floating vanitys.
www.exoticbathrooms.com

Posted by Jeff Jasper at May 15. 2006

Looks nice, but very expensive. The faucets are from China and you can find them elsewhere on the internet for cheaper. I wonder of the vanities are from China too. I saw tons of cool designs on my last trip to China.

Posted by Raymond Joseph at September 04. 2012

This modern and elegant vanities looks stylish and beautiful!!