Personal tools
Sections

Modernize

by joseph last modified Jun 03, 2005 09:46 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Modernize

Posted by joseph at June 03. 2005

Hey guys need some help.. In escrow with a house and was having a hard time trying to modernize the interior of the house... As far as all the brick goes what should i do with it? And the panelling on the walls? Should i pull the carpet/concrete look?/brazillian walnut hardwood floors? what about some furniture??? Need you help... We are trying to shop for furniture but not sure what it would go with???

on the side note...anyone know the cheapest place to get a noguchi coffee table replica???

Re: Modernize

Posted by Christy Kilgore-Hadley at June 03. 2005

my first instinct is to rip out the brick altogether and do something new (fieldstone or a totally mimimal hearth), kill the paneling and get some color that won't totally SUCK THE LIGHT, pull out carpet and do something like bamboo (i see the baby pic so i am thinking concrete is not so baby friendly.)

:: christy ::

Re: Modernize

Posted by Dave at June 03. 2005

I had an old skool brick fireplace like that in my last house. I re-faced it with some slate tiles around the firebox and on the hearth. I then re-plastered the rest of it in plain cement. It came out pretty good. At least it brought it got rid of that greazy 70s look it had.