Personal tools
Sections

MODERN CEILING FAN???

by Jacqui Garcia last modified Mar 21, 2014 01:36 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 106 votes)

MODERN CEILING FAN???

Posted by Jacqui Garcia at October 29. 2006

Anyone have any suggestions for a stylish, modern ceiling fan w/light fixture? We've seen pseudo-modern/tacky, but nothing classic and modern. Suggestions? Please share! Thanks!:zz:

Re: MODERN CEILING FAN???

Posted by nigel parish at October 29. 2006

Posted by Tom Granese at March 05. 2007

We used this item in our recent development and they are very nice.  Clean lines with integrated light.  This is actually a Lamps Plus house brand but you really can't beat the value.  We are very pleased with them.

http://www.lampsplus.com/products/s_surveyor/91625/

Posted by Jonathan Oltmann at March 06. 2007
Carefull of the industrial fans. We have one in out ranch house (8' Ceiling) and I had to modify it quite extensively to get it close enough to the ceiling. The metal blades are MUCH more dangerous than a wood blade, just something to think about if you have a low ceiling. The do look great though.

Posted by Dace Krasts at March 12. 2007

www.ylighting.com always has a nice selection and their customer service is great.  Plus, they might still be having a sale on their ceiling fans....

Posted by Jason at March 12. 2007

Posted by Bonnie Blue at November 06. 2008

Previously Jason wrote:

Try http://www.modernfan.com/

I bought a Velo hugger for my 8 foot ceiling from the Modern Fan Co. and it's great. But my sister likes Frank Lloyd Wright and found a ceiling fan with colored panels like FLW used at the Modern Fan sister company, www.periodarts.com.

Prairie Fan Textured Nickel

Posted by joy at November 22. 2008

www.nest-living.com has some with free shipping...hope it helps...

Posted by Jeffrey Rous at January 03. 2009

We used the Home Depot version of the industrial fan with our 8' ceilings ($60). While they still have the industrial motor of the Westinghouse and others, the plastic blades make it a somewhat safer option. I think Dayton (at Granger.com) makes a low ceiling version for about $130 each).

Posted by Funky Furniture at January 23. 2009

You can got those modern fans and more if only you visit this site...

http://www.njmod.com/

something else will surely capture your attention while browsing through their catalog.

Posted by Chelsea Catt at March 31. 2010
[URL=www.ceilingfantasia.com]Fanimation Fans[/URL] make some of the most creative designs I've ever seen.

Posted by alicia yap at August 31. 2012

Check out here for celling fan for your house interior.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Singapore-Lighting-Ceiling-Fan/339141182827503

Posted by Jean Crofte at September 22. 2012

Modern fans are just a click away at lazada.com if you like. And you would want to make a change for your house that needs fund, try renovation loans Chicago for a successful project ahead.

Posted by ares siont at October 05. 2012

Modern fans are always good to go with. you should always go for something  which is suitable for your place.

Posted by alicia yap at January 24. 2013

I got some catalogue of different types ceiling fan.

You can try checking out here http://www.ceilingfans.com.sg/news/6-myths-on-ceiling-fan-in-singapore.html

Can call them for free catalogue through email.

Posted by Cathy Dawkins at January 24. 2013

Do you recommend matching your ceiling fan to other furniture in the room?

Posted by Mr Ricky at March 31. 2013

Selecting the right ceiling fan isn't just about choosing the right color and style. There are some key factors that you must consider your decision  A cheap fan is more trouble than it is worth. Not only will a cheap fan wobble, but a poor-quality fan will not circulate as much air at a given RPM. While speed helps control how much air is moved, blade pitch (angle between blade and horizontal) and design also play a role. Good quality fans boast motors that have more power, so as to allow for greater blade pitch. Cheap fans, on the other hand, have motors that are not strong enough to handle the air resistance associated with greater blade pitch, requiring the manufacturer to lower the blade pitch to avoid burning out the motor. Also, cheap fans produce a humming noise. Remember that a good-quality fan will not always be priced unreasonably high. Even Hunter ceiling fans, which can be found at stores such as Lowes or Home Depot, are of decent quality for reasonable price.in order to get the maximum efficiency and enjoyment from your fan.