Personal tools
Sections

Nice propane stove?

by Jennifer Lyne last modified Dec 10, 2012 11:50 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Nice propane stove?

Posted by Jennifer Lyne at May 24. 2005

I need to replace an ancient proane stove in a small house - 800 SF. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any cool-looking and efficient ones that aren't too pricey.

Thanks.

Re: Nice propane stove?

Posted by Adam Tibbs at May 24. 2005

Stove as in cooking range, or stove as in heater?

If the former, my understanding is that the only difference between the standard gas stove and the propane stoves are the fittings.

If the latter, I bought a little Monitor Heater, for my equivalent sized cabin. Though the Toyo / Toyotomi are supposed to be better.

Heating stove - sorry.

Posted by Adam Tibbs at May 24. 2005
I don't know where in the world you are. But my cabin is in the Catskill Mountains in upstate New York. It gets REALLY cold there, so for me efficiency was more important than aesthetics.

Monitor and Toyo

These are fairly small, though you do have to vent them through an exterior wall. The advantage is that they burn much less fuel than any other type of heater on the market. I believe I paid about $2000 for the heater, a 300 gallon tank, and installation.

Funny, I'm right over in Copake, by the Catskills too.

There are some new heaters that look like woodstoves, flickering flames and all, for about $1400. I think one is the Dutch West, one is the Star...something. I was leaning towards one of these.

Posted by rose at December 11. 2012

If anyone has any designs, or photos please let me know.