Personal tools
Sections

Stendmar furniture: anyone w/firsthand experience?

by Splatgirl last modified Mar 05, 2013 01:06 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 4 votes)

Stendmar furniture: anyone w/firsthand experience?

Posted by Splatgirl at April 30. 2006

I know we've been tossing the inexpensive sofa thing around here for a while. I'm seriously thinking of pulling the trigger on a sectional from these guys since anything I get locally is going to have to be ordered sight unseen anyway. (Sadly, I am not an $8K, Lignet Roset, et.al., sofa kind of girl, even if I didn't have an entire house to furnish.)
I am also considering flying out to the LA area to see the stuff in person. Factoring in travel expenses still gets me a WAY better deal than pretty much anything else, assuming the in-person experience is not a deal breaker.

IMO, their stuff looks EXACTLY like all the other avaliable options in modern, some for much more $(in the real people price range that is), at least in the pictures.

On the one hand, for the price, how bad can it be. On the other hand, for that price, it could be really bad??. I'm skeptical and I would hate to wait a couple of months to get something that's not even acceptable as a for now solution.

Opinions? I would love to hear from someone who has at least seen this stuff in person.

Re: Stendmar furniture: anyone w/firsthand experience?

Posted by Ami Kio at April 30. 2006

as someone who's also looking for a modern(ish) couch, i'm also curious as to their quality.

i'm not sure what your requirements are, but you may want to check out your local natuzzi store. our local store is having a floor model sale, and some of the floor models (e.g. zen sofa, http://us.natuzzi.com/dettaglio.cfm?codcontenuto=661codmetadata=1227 ) are marked down quite a bit. IIRC, the zen sofa at our local store was ~$1500. i like the black/white fabric quite a bit, but it doesn't match our cream wood living room.

ami

Re: Stendmar furniture: anyone w/firsthand experience?

Posted by lisapizza at January 19. 2008

Previously Splatgirl wrote:

I know we've been tossing the inexpensive sofa thing around here for a while. I'm seriously thinking of pulling the trigger on a sectional from these guys since anything I get locally is going to have to be ordered sight unseen anyway. (Sadly, I am not an $8K, Lignet Roset, et.al., sofa kind of girl, even if I didn't have an entire house to furnish.)
I am also considering flying out to the LA area to see the stuff in person. Factoring in travel expenses still gets me a WAY better deal than pretty much anything else, assuming the in-person experience is not a deal breaker.

IMO, their stuff looks EXACTLY like all the other avaliable options in modern, some for much more $(in the real people price range that is), at least in the pictures.

On the one hand, for the price, how bad can it be. On the other hand, for that price, it could be really bad??. I'm skeptical and I would hate to wait a couple of months to get something that's not even acceptable as a for now solution.

Opinions? I would love to hear from someone who has at least seen this stuff in person.

Hi Splatgirl

You posted the question almost 2 years ago and may not even be looking for an answer at this point, but for others who may like to know what the response might have been....

I did purchase a sofa set through Stendmar. Very nice experience, but ultimately I would have to recommend that you see first, purchase later.

I knew that when I received it, the material was not the same as the sample piece of leather that I was sent. I was just so happy to have something new with the look that I wanted, that I didn't fuss about the material as much as I should have.

I can't speak for others, but as for myself, good look, not so fantastic quality. Don't consider it a lifes investment.