Personal tools
Sections

cabinet edge pulls

by Fran Loosen last modified Feb 15, 2013 08:30 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 41 votes)

cabinet edge pulls

Posted by Fran Loosen at February 27. 2006

I am sorry if I have posted this before (I am at the horribly confused stage in renovation), but I am looking for an edge pull for my cabinets, but can't find one that screws into the back of the door. I think these types of edge pulls were best known as pulls for medicine cabinets long ago.

The pull screws in the back, laps over the top, and takes a right angle down (or up, depending on how you lay them out). They are generally 2.5 in length and have a rectangluar face that is not very large, but enough to provide some geometric detail to a slab front cabinet. I would need them in stainless or some form of silver.

I have been to every knob.com there is and am completely flummoxed about where to turn next. If anyone has seen this kind of a pull, please send me a link.

Thanks,

Fran

Re: cabinet edge pulls

Posted by Steve Sardo at February 28. 2006

It's know as a tab pull. Mockett has a item in their catalog, #DP3.

Also Hafele has something like this too, #124.02.210.

www.mockett.com

www.hafeleonline.com

Steve

Posted by Adam Burke at February 28. 2006

you should be able to find them in aluminum for around $4. Here in Portland they sell them at a specialty hardware store.

Posted by Fran Loosen at February 28. 2006

Which store is it in Portland, Realpill, was it Hippo? Let me know if you know.

I emailed the guy at Henrybuilt because they have what I am looking for on their site, and he not only emailed me back, but gave me some good tips on how to use them. They are the best people to deal with, totally solicitous. I wished I lived in Seattle again to buy my cabs there!

Thanks,

Fran
Fran

Posted by Adam Burke at February 28. 2006

Sorry, I should have included the store name. It's Winks Hardware down on Stark, just west of MLK. Very cool store if you want to avoid dealing with the bix box stores. They have a counter and you pick a number to be helped. Very friendly and knowledgeable. They have a decent selection of door and cab hardware. They tend to lean toward tradional stuff, but then, who doesn't?

Posted by Fran Loosen at February 28. 2006

The guy, Chris, at Henrybuilt told me that Sugatsune makes a pull like I'd like. I actually found this one on their site, but they are so expensive I nearly fell off my chair...

http://www.sugatsune.com/Products/ProductDetails.cfm?CATID=4SUBCATID=4PRODUCTID=CN

If anyone's seen Sugatsune pulls for a good deal, pass it on. Otherwise, I'd still love a good deal on something like this:

http://www.sugatsune.com/products/ProductDetails.cfm?CATID=4SUBCATID=4PRODUCTID=AG

Thanks for the store name. Not familiar with Winks but will give it a look.

Fran

Posted by nextmodernfacilities at February 28. 2006

try rockwood - they make some nice simple pulls, hope it works/helps.

http://www.rockwoodmfg.com

Posted by reynalda heime at November 20. 2012

The cabinet in Kitchen are very important. The cabinet must be hardwood made. Kitchen is the very important part of home so it must be very nice. I like the kitchen with dinning hall.

Thanks

Disabled Adaptations