Sections

Anyone tried Interiorexpress.com?

by Heather Jennings last modified Jan 18, 2006 11:12 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Anyone tried Interiorexpress.com?

Posted by Heather Jennings at January 04. 2006

Hello All,
It's my first posting here after enjoying many months of interesting reading.

I've been on the hunt for a reproduction of Le Corbusier's Sofa and have come across a website called interiorexpress.com. The prices are very reasonable and even have a couch and two chair set that would be exactly what I'm looking for for around $1700. Being a budget, I'm not expecting original or Knoll quality, but am wondering if anyone has purchased furniture from here and if so, how was the process and the product?

I live in Minneapolis and the store is just outside of Chicago, so it is possible that I could take a drive to check it out, but wanted to check with you all first.

Thank-you,
Heather J

Re: Anyone tried Interiorexpress.com?

Posted by Dan Semar at January 05. 2006

HeatherJ

I found the reproduction of the LC set to be constructed very well. Metal frame seemed nice along with quality stitching. I did not find it very comfortable though. But I am a big guy. They do make two different series. Petite and Grand. The Grand is obviously larger. I suggest going to the above store mentioned and try it out.

Dan

Re: Anyone tried Interiorexpress.com?

Posted by Chuck Tanner at January 18. 2006

Hi HeatherJ,

I (and another guy) own interiorexpress.com. I can answer pretty much anything about the products and the process that you could think up.

The reason why items on our webpage (and ebay store at stores.ebay.com/interiorexpress) are inexpensive is that we found that the only way to survive on the web is to sell a really nice item really inexpensively. If people feel they only got a fair value for their product, they either don't come back or don't tell their friends or they complain and leave bad feedback. It's easier for us to just spend a lot of time sourcing good products and take a smaller cut.

If you are looking for unbiased feedback on the corb set, go to the ebay store and pull up one of the ads, there should be a bunch of feedback on the piece listed right in the ads. If not, I'll have Tom, our ebay guy, put what you need together.

We have NEVER had a single corb set returned to us in 3 years.